Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Our friend HondaPro Jason has shared his speculation on the CivicX Si model, gathered from his own intelligence, sources, and rumors. Note: these are not officially confirmed by Honda in any way.

Si Model Year: No 2016 Civic Si model year. It will be a 2017 model year.
Release: Late Fall 2016 - Early Spring 2017
Specs: 2.0L detuned Type R engine, around 220-230hp, 6 speed manual, many shared parts with Type R.

Other notes:
  • Standard Coupe and Hatchback will be 2016MY.
  • Type R should be released Spring-Summer 2017.
  • All markets will be getting the sedan, coupe and hatchback.
  • Type R will be available in most, but not all markets.
Sponsored

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
This really does make the most sense. It continues the Si's legacy of coming with a 6 Speed only. At the 230HP max, it pretty much guarantees the starting price staying under $25K. And going with a detuned 2.0l is a lot easier than investing more time and money in making the 1.5T reach the same levels of HP.

I would guess that come April, Honda will reveal the production model at the NY Auto Show.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
That's a longer wait than I was hoping for but I'm at least relieved they are going with the more powerful engine route with the detuned 2.0L turbo and the 6 speed.

rd1ofakind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic
Disappointed, my BMW lease ends 3/28/2016 and I was hoping to get a 2016 Civic Si Coupe...do I just get the Touring Coupe w/1.5T? Decisions...

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
Hopefully this means nothing.... Come on 2.0T!!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Latest 2017 Civic Si speculation from HondaPro Jason {filename}
Well this could be talking bout the standard non-Si models with 1.5L turbo. The Si could still get the 2.0L Turbo as latest rumors are all saying. :headbang:

It's never really been in doubt that the Si would get a manual, but I'm still hoping that the Si gets an additional transmission option

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
Well this could be talking bout the standard non-Si models with 1.5L turbo. The Si could still get the 2.0L Turbo as latest rumors are all saying. :headbang:
Correct. It was reffering to the base civic 1.5T engine. However the option for a 1.5t Civic Si does exist IMO. Anything can happen. We all know the 2.0t is the right thing to do however.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Disappointed, my BMW lease ends 3/28/2016 and I was hoping to get a 2016 Civic Si Coupe...do I just get the Touring Coupe w/1.5T? Decisions...
Extend the lease as much as you can and get the Si. If it was with BMW Financial, not a third party bank, you may have the option of going up to an extra 6 months.

Call them and find out.

rd1ofakind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic
Extend the lease as much as you can and get the Si. If it was with BMW Financial, not a third party bank, you may have the option of going up to an extra 6 months.

Call them and find out.
That's a good point. It is with BMW Financial, I'm just thinking if I get the base Civic, and the Si comes out 6-12 months later, I'll be punching myself in the face every time I see one on the road...lol

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I been thinking fall for a while now. Since coupe not till March. Then they are going to saturate the market like the sedan is starting to do now. My dealer has 17 when for the longest time they only had one or two. But I really hope we get more information. Want an auto Si bad..

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
But if they do decide to do an auto Si I see them bringing the manual first for like fall and saturate market then spring of 17 the auto. They are are slick with market release

Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru Legacy SE Sedan
I don't see why they would do that. Doesn't Honda still sell more auto than manual Si's? I know the proportion has to be closer than with the sedan/coupe but they will lead with the transmission with the highest take rate, and that should be the auto.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I don't see why they would do that. Doesn't Honda still sell more auto than manual Si's? I know the proportion has to be closer than with the sedan/coupe but they will lead with the transmission with the highest take rate, and that should be the auto.
The Civic Si has only been available with a 6 speed manual in its entire history.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Just my guess. IT gives them time to perfect an auto transmission for it too. If they decided to go that route. BuT it would be quite dumb of honda to have Si and type r manual only.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The Civic Si has only been available with a 6 speed manual in its entire history.
It's been available manual only...the 6 speed came to the Si in 2006
Sponsored