OP

HeathRorie

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
So other than a DIY project, I'm curious if Honda will add it?

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
To my knowledge Canada pays for there type R we don't, so they get more features. I seen it go for roughly 42000 with pdi.
Honda didn't throw it in for free for Canadians as it's reflected in the price. I imagine it was important for Honda to undercut the STI, RS and Golf R in the US so they omitted this as well as the turn signal lights on the mirrors (Canadians also get) in a penny pinching effort. In Canada the Type R MSRP is higher than a base STI and in a dead heat with a base Golf R so for whatever reason they didn't decide to undercut the competition in our market.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
i hate lane watch personally. it makes your mirror look terrible, plus if someone hits you and takes the mirror off that's $500, plus it needs to be re-programmed :thumbsup:

generic_user

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX, TSX, CTR
i hate lane watch personally. it makes your mirror look terrible, plus if someone hits you and takes the mirror off that's $500, plus it needs to be re-programmed :thumbsup:
Never used LaneWatch before, but those mirrors also include LED turnsignals embedded.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
We also get the wireless charger as standard and the 'vtec turbo' sticker on the rear hatch. If americans could buy the type R here in Canada you would save money. Compared to the currency exchange ours is much cheaper with a couple extra options, no crazy ADM's. The Focus RS here is like 50k msrp, so the type R is 9k cheaper than that competitor.

ahsanmahmood89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI and Accord Coupe
Country flag
Yeah, In Canada you are getting a huge discount relative to US price conversion and also the fact that we do not have to deal with ADM. We get a few upgrades standard as compared to the US:

1. Wireless Charger
2. Lanewatch
3. LED Turn signal lights

Price for Canada with PDI is $42,485. US is $34,775 and if you convert that at the conversion rate of 1.3 you are looking at $45,207 before ADM. Too bad the warranty is void if you register CAD vehicle in US and vice versa - otherwise it would be a great idea to buy from Canada. Saves you plenty of money and you get more features.

The Focus RS is $48,000 starting and that's the base model. The Golf R starts around $41,000 also. What sucks about Canada is that we still don't have the car lol

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Yeah, In Canada you are getting a huge discount relative to US price conversion and also the fact that we do not have to deal with ADM. We get a few upgrades standard as compared to the US:

1. Wireless Charger
2. Lanewatch
3. LED Turn signal lights

Price for Canada with PDI is $42,485. US is $34,775 and if you convert that at the conversion rate of 1.3 you are looking at $45,207 before ADM. Too bad the warranty is void if you register CAD vehicle in US and vice versa - otherwise it would be a great idea to buy from Canada. Saves you plenty of money and you get more features.

The Focus RS is $48,000 starting and that's the base model. The Golf R starts around $41,000 also. What sucks about Canada is that we still don't have the car lol
check out hondanews.ca...the mic just dropped. confirmed july14th and msrp

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
UK ones get it right with the much more useful BSI. Can't wait till LaneWatch is no longer and gone, replaced by BSI standard instead. LaneWatch is a terrible driver distraction too.

OP
OP

HeathRorie

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
I don't even have it as an option to add to mine. I would gladly pay extra for it, I like it that much. :(

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK8 CW
I heard that for 2018 the Type-R in the US will be available in 2 trims (about $2,500 difference)

Price should also go up $700-900 from the 2017 model year.

1. Base - current options minus GPS and possibly a 5" display instead -
2. Touring - current + all safety features (blind spot, cross traffic, parking sensors, 7" display, wireless charging)

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The last thing I want to hear is Americans buying up limited Canadian allocations. We don't have enough cars as it is, we don't need importers taking advantage to make our lives worse.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
I'm excited to see the blind spot monitoring system, but also the heated power side mirrors. I park in an underground parking garage and the mirrors fog right up due to the humidity and temperature difference, something that only heated mirrors can remove. Not to mention that they are really extremely useful for actual winter driving - try coming out of work at like 7pm and seeing your whole car covered in snow and ice caked on the side mirrors, you'll pray for heated mirrors then.
Sponsored