First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Hi CivicX members,

2017 Civic Si here with a little issue that has been bugging me. So when the lane watch camera activates, the color is noticeably a different hue. I used to think the camera was just bad, but then i noticed for a split second before the camera deactivates off the screen you can see the true shade of colors. I have already gone through the diagnostic modes to see if there is a reset on the camera and I have already done a hard reset on the head unit with no luck. For now I just turned off the lanewatch from automatically appearing when the right blinker is switched on. Really hate taking my car into the dealer because they overcharge for everything and I take pride in doing my own work, but when it comes to electronics and computers I try to stay out of it. Has anyone experience this before? If so what was the fix?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JO3L

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
In case anyone is curious to know the issue is that the lane watch camera is stuck in night mode. This is not an official fix, more of a work around, but basically what I did was change my head unit displays default setting to night mode with increased brightness obviously and now use day mode as a lower brightness setting. Now the camera displays colors perfectly again for me.

Soon I will need to replace my battery so maybe when I swap that out and clear all the internal system memory it will reset things back to normal. Fingers crossed.