Lambo doors. Anyone?

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I've seen lots of lambo doors, suicide doors, etc. from a past life in a different scene. Those door gaps and the door latching mechanism will never be as crisp or accurate as it was from the factory. Just my .02.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TypeARR

TypeARR

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've seen lots of lambo doors, suicide doors, etc. from a past life in a different scene. Those door gaps and the door latching mechanism will never be as crisp or accurate as it was from the factory. Just my .02.
Is it from poor design or quality control? If i were to do them, I'd get them professionally installed to make sure it was done properly. This is all new to me so I'm just curious on your thoughts.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Is it from poor design or quality control? If i were to do them, I'd get them professionally installed to make sure it was done properly. This is all new to me so I'm just curious on your thoughts.
A little bit of both probably. In some situations the pillars and or the doors need to be reinforced so there is fabrication work required, which can warp the surrounding metal from the heat. Also there are new forces and stresses that were not there before. I’m sure there are doors that look awesome in perso but you never know until you do it whether it’ll work properly or not! Good luck!

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think a side opening hood or reverse opening hood would be kind of cool...but that's my rice talking

jinderC

I know this is probably ricer territory but has anyone else considered getting lambo/vertical doors for their type R? I'm seriously considering it, but I don't see any kits for this yet. :(

That would be dumbest possible thing you could do to your car.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is probably ricer territory but has anyone else considered getting lambo/vertical doors for their type R? I'm seriously considering it, but I don't see any kits for this yet. :(
Everyone on the thread seems to ignore the practicality of Lambo doors when getting in and out in tight parking spots. You're not a poser, you're just trying to be practical with some flair. And we're sticking with that story...

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Everyone on the thread seems to ignore the practicality of Lambo doors when getting in and out in tight parking spots. You're not a poser, you're just trying to be practical with some flair. And we're sticking with that story...
But what about if you have limited overhead space to open the doors (such as those 2 car parking lifts with a car above and one below)? lol

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Totally agree--the OP is in San Francisco, where in a few short years I'm sure the parking spaces will be bicycle width.

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
Unless you're willing to buy hinges from Lamborgini or one of the other supercar manufacturers, don't do it as aftermarket kits will never hold up and always end up looking like ass after a few years. They look cool, but are impractical and never work right unless it's on a show car that is strictly a show car.
  • Before buying anything, look up cars that have had aftermarket lambo door kits installed for at least 5 years, paying particular attention to the hinges, inner door jams where the hinges connect, and the frame of the car where the hinges bolt in.
It's not as simple as kits being just another hinge that is changing how the door opens and closes... vehicles not manufactured for lambo or scissor doors do not have the structural support to support those types of hinges. Furthermore, supercars design their bodies around their doors if using a scissor door variant, so unless the scissor door kit you buy was specifically made for your specific model of car, the doors will end up with issues.

ssjoeboe9

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-r FK8
Country flag
I know some people hate them but I've always been fascinated by them. Considering the fact that I'll never own a lambo, this might be my only shot..

I'll keep you guys posted. Lol
You won't ever get a lambo with that attitude lol

OP
OP
TypeARR

TypeARR

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
You won't ever get a lambo with that attitude lol
LOL, I'm trying to get a house before the lambo. All the houses here in the bay area are $1 million and up :'(

I have family in the Midwest and their houses cost like $100k.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Cali is expensive to live for no reason
Sponsored