Lack of AUX cable/UBER

BigTDFW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
I know this topic has been addressed in other posts, but I have not be able to get a good answer to my specific question.

I have an EX with the 7" infotainment system. I drive part time for uber. I usually run Spotify from my phone and use the Bluetooth Audio Source from the headunit. I usually just ask the passenger what type of music they like and play a playlist in that genre, but every now and again, i have someone ask me if they can play music from their phone (either from their own spotify app or songs saved from their phone)

Is there a way to allow a passenger to connect their phone, probably the front usb port, to play audio from their own phone? whenever i try to connect my personal phone, galaxy s6, to the port and select smartphone connection on the head unit, it tells me there is no phone connected. Tried restarting and i'm not able to get just a normal connection to my system. Any help will be appreciated.

Also any questions about uber driving with a CivicX are welcomed as well, thanks!
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have to have Android Auto installed if you use the USB port to play music.

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
the usb in the middle console that is under the cup holder only works with USB/iPod. if you connect your iPhone/Galaxy to it you will not be able to use Android Auto or Apple Car Play!

OP
OP
BigTDFW

BigTDFW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
So, there is no way for someone to "quick connect" to play music through our system at all, aside from installing Android Auto?

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag

OP
OP
BigTDFW

BigTDFW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
not a bad suggestion, but i wouldn't want to risk some drunk frat guy trying to take off with my $30 piece of equipment. Maybe attach it permanently to the car somehow. hmmmm

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
not a bad suggestion, but i wouldn't want to risk some drunk frat guy trying to take off with my $30 piece of equipment. Maybe attach it permanently to the car somehow. hmmmm
Get an audio cable extension and keep it in the armrest console.

JGar1108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
You could get something like this and keep it paired with the HU.
http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-TaoTronics-Connected-Transmission/dp/B00P24XKS8

Then it acts like a headphone jack. Bonus for you: no wires running through the car. And the client doesn't have to bluetooth pair with your car.

Edit: I have no idea if this would actually work. Just a suggestion.
Can someone please confirm if this works. I purchased a usb to aux cable testing to see if this can be used as a replacement for the aux cable, it doesn't work the tablet states that the device is disconnected.

http://www.amazon.com/TOOGOO-Black-...9814905&sr=1-1&keywords=usb+aux+cable+for+car

TxEx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex
Can someone please confirm if this works. I purchased a usb to aux cable testing to see if this can be used as a replacement for the aux cable, it doesn't work the tablet states that the device is disconnected.

http://www.amazon.com/TOOGOO-Black-...9814905&sr=1-1&keywords=usb+aux+cable+for+car
You will need a DC plug FM transmitter. It has feedback while charging at the same time so just dont charge your phone while listening. Scosche Goose FMTD3 works good.

vol03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL
So, there is no way for someone to "quick connect" to play music through our system at all, aside from installing Android Auto?
Not an uber driver, but very frustrated by this as well. OP did you end up finding a simple solution?

OP
OP
BigTDFW

BigTDFW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
nope, i just ask for requests and play Spotify via bluetooth. its very annoying not to mention unsafe to be looking up playlist while driving.