theslowest1

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I am getting quotes for $420+tax CAD for installation. I might as well rent the tools and do it myself, it's the same cost as the springs lmao
Sponsored

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
I am getting quotes for $420+tax CAD for installation. I might as well rent the tools and do it myself, it's the same cost as the springs lmao
Yikes. Tools are pretty basic with the exception of a spring compressor, but even buying one of those won't break the bank.

boibuddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3. 5-4 hours is the usual book time for installing springs, so the $420 CDN isn't a bad price.

Unless you have a good selection of tools including an impact gun, I would not recommend doing the spring install alone. Reinstalling the strut into the knuckle can be difficult without a friend. You'll also need a spring compressor and figure out a way to tighten the top nut on the front strut (the shaft of the strut will spin if you don't hold it with an Allen key).

Coilover installation can easily be done with basic tools though. A basic socket kit with some long extensions are all that's needed.

Have you already purchased the springs?

Last edited:
OP
OP
theslowest1

theslowest1

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
3. 5-4 hours is the usual book time for installing springs, so the $420 CDN isn't a bad price.

Unless you have a good selection of tools including an impact gun, I would not recommend doing the spring install alone. Reinstalling the strut into the knuckle can be difficult without a friend. You'll also need a spring compressor and figure out a way to tighten the top nut on the front strut (the shaft of the strut will spin off you doing good or with an Allen key).

Coilover installation can easily be done with basic tools though. A basic socket kit with some long extensions are all that's needed.

Have you already purchased the springs?
Yeah I have the Swift springs already.

Ok, after doing some research it seems like it isn't as easy as it sounds but yeah fair enough

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found the same. I'm getting mine installed tomorrow for $400 tax and alignment included so we're in the same ballpark.

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
If you're going to pay someone to install them for you, meaning they have the tools and experiences to do it, it should not take 3-4 hours. Just having general experience with installing suspension components, it took less than 2 hours. I didn't install any camber adjustable components though.

OP
OP
theslowest1

theslowest1

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
If you're going to pay someone to install them for you, meaning they have the tools and experiences to do it, it should not take 3-4 hours. Just having general experience with installing suspension components, it took less than 2 hours. I didn't install any camber adjustable components though.
Yeah I think it's just the lack of garages willing to install aftermarket parts in my area. Sucks tbh

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
That does suck. Keep at it, there is bound to be a shop that will do it for you. Best of luck!
Sponsored