L15B Valve adjustment

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Coupe (1.5T)
Country flag
I bought my used 2017 civic coupe at around 33k miles (now at 38k) a few months ago. I noticed from the get go the engine sounded somewhat off but never really payed attention to it. Just recently listened to my friends civic with the same engine and noticed that he doesn't have this faint clacking noise underneath the natural ticking of the engine. Did some research and stuff and I'm quite certain I just need a valve adjustment (HOPEFULLY). I know how to do 90% of the job I just don't know where to find manuals, specifications on screw torque, valve clearance, gasket parts, Honda recommended instructions etc.

Anyone know where I can find all that information? And is this a common fluke at my mileage and the age of the vehicle?

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Edaw

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a link to the service manual to download somewhere on this forum. Do a search ā€œcivicx service manualā€ on Lougle and youā€™ll find it.
Not sure if it was a typo but what is lougle?

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
šŸ˜‚ also itā€™s so much better to use google to search for things on this forum than the actually search engine within the forum.

OP
OP
Edaw

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
šŸ˜‚ also itā€™s so much better to use google to search for things on this forum than the actually search engine within the forum.
I thought you meant Google, I did end up finding the manual thank you. I also agree I usually just search "random car problem/mod" and then "civicx" lol
Sponsored