L

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hiding that shit from warranty. This is why first posts should be quoted when you see threads like this.
Sponsored

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
Yea, he realized that with the k-tune mentioned in here that he could easily get clipped if the dealer and/or Honda saw this thread.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
This is why first posts should be quoted when you see threads like this.
Agreed. I'm late to this party. Can anyone summarize the original post? By reading replies, I gather this guy's engine started making weird noises after an oil change. But I'm missing a bunch of details, like how the problem manifested itself, and the dealer's initial response (which other posters thought was BS).

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
This is why I’m scared to let anybody touch my car. I change my own oil and do my own maintenance. I have had one of my trucks messed up from a simple oil change 20 years ago. Ever since that day I’m the only one who changes oil in my vehicles. But back to your civic, I agree that if that head was damaged then more could’ve gotten damaged. To me that sound your engine is making sounds more like your main bearings have gone out. And running without oil can cause that quickly.
same here

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed. I'm late to this party. Can anyone summarize the original post? By reading replies, I gather this guy's engine started making weird noises after an oil change. But I'm missing a bunch of details, like how the problem manifested itself, and the dealer's initial response (which other posters thought was BS).
TL;DR, he had an oil change. The engine began making very loud mechanical noises. He said he had been running KTuner also. It was a pretty new engine, less than 5k miles (maybe 3k IIRC). Diagnosed by dealership as failed head due to oil starvation. They were moving forward to replace the head. He was implying that dealer had run engine without oil during a routine oil change, causing the failure. He had also been getting a cylinder imbalance DTC (the timing of that was not entirely clear ... as in, was this before or after oil change, though implication was after).

I kept thinking that he shouldn't be talking about all of this on an internet forum, especially the tuning part. But, anyway. He was talking about escalating to Honda corporate for a resolution, but you know that means they'd send engineers to figure out the cause of the failure. They'll turn up the tuning if recent information about being able to find such things is correct. Kind of wanted to see how that turned out, but I would have taken my posts down too if I was him.
Sponsored