L

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Country flag
Yup demand in writing before you accept the car back that anything else that is fed oil is warranted for the life of the car. Demand answers. They are trying to fuck you!

Advertisement

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
Definitely keep us posted. Be stern with corporate, but understanding with them. Let them know in no way is this acceptable to you having just the head replaced and you expect them to step in and either A) Replace the entire motor, or B) Extend the drivetrain warranty substantially including car rental on their dime in the likely event something catastrophic happens.

Damn it. I’m pissed for you!

NotSerious

First Name
No
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
The tech either forgot to put the drain plug in before putting in the oil or forgot to put in the oil. Then started up the car, then realized his mistake when he heard the engine grinding. He didn't tell his boss because he was embarrassed. This happens on occasion. An honest dealer will own up to it and make it right (brand new engine).

You will have damage to more than one cylinder. Do not accept "a rebuilt cylinder". You just bought a brand new car and now you have one with a damaged engine.

The Dealer had the nerve to lie to you as to the cause. Get the car towed to a different dealer immediately.

CVCTURBO

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Yeah like several people have said you need to demand a new long block or have them replace the head and an extremely good extended warranty on all the oil fed components including the turbo.

coo1rim

Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Country flag
Given 3k miles, i'm assuming you just had your first oil change. Ktune with brake-in oil still in the engine seems like a toxic combo, especially if it's not the best example of the 1.5T engine. A really well built engine will get stronger from hard use, while the flawed one will expose its flaw.

TheHorse13

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
Yea, I knew they fed you a story once I heard those videos. Starved oil impacts all internal components that require oil. What happens a month after the new head is installed and you wipe a bearing? That motor is junk now and I would not accept the car back until you go through the painful process that comes next. That process is called arbitration. The dealer will likely resist doing a full motor replacement and you'll end up in the arbitration process defined in the state where you purchased the car. Even if they agreed to swap the entire motor, how confident are you that it would be done right?

I would settle for nothing less than a new replacement vehicle. This will be a fight and take time but if you stick to your guns, this outcome is possible. I've been through this with another car manufacturer years ago and I can still remember the horrible feelings that you're experiencing right now. Use that as your motivation to get things made right.

TheHorse13

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
I understand that you were good to the car but that makes zero difference if the motor was starved of oil. If a dealership allegedly can't even change oil correctly, then I'd be hesitant to believe that they can fix or replace a motor. Then again, you could have just run into some bad luck and the worst mechanic on Earth got to perform your oil change.

Whatever the case, giving them a chance to try to fix this can only help your arbitration case that will come later.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
This is why I’m scared to let anybody touch my car. I change my own oil and do my own maintenance. I have had one of my trucks messed up from a simple oil change 20 years ago. Ever since that day I’m the only one who changes oil in my vehicles. But back to your civic, I agree that if that head was damaged then more could’ve gotten damaged. To me that sound your engine is making sounds more like your main bearings have gone out. And running without oil can cause that quickly.

TheHorse13

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
...To me that sound your engine is making sounds more like your main bearings have gone out. And running without oil can cause that quickly.
When I heard the motor running in his videos, this was the first thing that came to mind. It sounded like wiped bearing(s). Hopefully this poor guy gets a proper resolution sooner than later.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
When I heard the motor running in his videos, this was the first thing that came to mind. It sounded like wiped bearing(s). Hopefully this poor guy gets a proper resolution sooner than later.
Yup especially that long squeak. My bearings went out in a Tahoe of mine years ago and sounded similar to this. Mine squeaked and and had that awful sounding knock. I tore into it and my mains were shredded. I ended up just buying a new motor.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Additional noise in this video as well. Have a apt scheduled with dealer on tuesday, i will post resolution. Any ideas on what this noise could be from just 3000 miles of driving normally.
Sounds to me like it's misfiring.

coo1rim

Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Country flag
Car was not tuned for 3000 miles, as well any tuning or modification to the ecu has no relation to my car having a lack of oil after an oil change.
In your first post, you said you were using stage 2 ktuner, but you've since edited that out. Also, in another post you said that there was too much oil in the car after 3k oil change, but now you're saying it had lack of oil. You need to get your lies in order.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Si coupe
Country flag
In your first post, you said you were using stage 2 ktuner, but you've since edited that out. Also, in another post you said that there was too much oil in the car after 3k oil change, but now you're saying it had lack of oil. You need to get your lies in order.
Now all his info is gone. Hiding the lies lol