NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
So I am full bolt on with the rv6 drop in turbo getting tuned by drob. I just had the competition stage 2 clutch installed a few days ago, but since I have to swap the turbo housing the cars not really going anywhere. It's has been made to seem like a cmc upgrade is absolutely necessary. Does everyone agree that, that is the case and that high rev lockout is inevitable. How would you rate the kzcmc I've read some stuff saying the customer service is non existent and it took a month to get there. Should I cancel and order a different cmc? Or would I be okay for a while until it comes in? Is there an install guide anywhere I have not been able to find one. Any help is gratefully appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Following. Id like more insight to this

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Where else would you get a CMC? Im interested because there don't seem to be any other sure-functioning alternatives.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I bought one preemptively for the following reasons:

1. I'm already paying for install of the clutch, so just get it installed at the same time

2. I'm already spending big money on a clutch kit so the extra expense today is worth avoiding a potential headache tomorrow

3. My trans doesn't lock out now with the OE clutch and I don't accept being in a situation where it might lock out with an aftermarket clutch

Yes the extra money is a bummer and yes the customer service is terrible lol. I didn't really learn that until after I bought it. But it's the only viable option unless you want to buy an OE CMC and figure out how to bypass the dampener yourself.

I say get it, but I'm a completionist/perfectionist when it comes to these things.

Side note, clutch just came in today. 2 days from order date!

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

1. I'm already paying for install of the clutch, so just get it installed at the same time

2. I'm already spending big money on a clutch kit so the extra expense today is worth avoiding a potential headache tomorrow

3. My trans doesn't lock out now with the OE clutch and I don't accept being in a situation where it might lock out with an aftermarket clutch

Yes the extra money is a bummer and yes the customer service is terrible lol. I didn't really learn that until after I bought it. But it's the only viable option unless you want to buy an OE CMC and figure out how to bypass the dampener yourself.

I say get it, but I'm a completionist/perfectionist when it comes to these things.

The reasons to buy it all make sense, my real issue is there's really only one person who can supply a working CMC, and in the end its a modified OEM? Kind of sad

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The reasons to buy it all make sense, my real issue is there's really only one person who can supply a working CMC, and in the end its a modified OEM? Kind of sad
You're not wrong. Its disappointing the Sirimoto solution isn't working for most people. On the other hand, OE parts means OE quality. I think the bypass is done with just a TIG weld and drilling a hole or two. Pretty solid long term solution I would think.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if em1 cmc fits? Thats what the 8th and 9th gens are using?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag

thanks

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I wonder if em1 cmc fits? Thats what the 8th and 9th gens are using?

I wonder this also. Im all for modified-OEM parts but there has GOT to be something more available than Emans... Worst case scenario ill be forced to find a solution soon, even if I try to have my local shop modify an OEM.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Be prepared to wait. Mine took almost 8 weeks to come in with absolutely zero communication. In fact, the only time he responded is when I demanded my money back before I put in a case with PayPal and he told me he’d take care of it the next day and then all of a sudden mine was shipped out lol. Horrendous customer experience, but hopefully worth it. Still haven’t installed it yet.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Have both Eman's solutions, the CTR retro and the CMC modified and the feeling is vastly superior to stock. I wouldn't say customer service sucks, I'm also not of the current society position of 'GIVE ME NOW' mindset. Where has patience gone with the vast majority of people?
It has nothing to do with patience, it's communication. If he simply said "it's gonna take me 5 weeks to get this out to you" when you placed your order, nobody would freak out.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Typically you cannot place an order until pieces are available for the very reason one is not waiting and waiting. If you were able to order the CMC it will probably show up within a week of ordering,
The kzCMC was "in stock" according to the website when I ordered it. You can't even place an order if it's not listed in stock. It took 5 weeks with no updates. Multiple emails I sent over the course of about 6 weeks (before ordering, and after) went ignored.

like how your clutch only took 2 days and you’re up over the border according to the country flag displayed.
I ordered a Competition Stage 2 from a Canadian retailer, not the CTR retrofit.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had high rpm lockout with spec 2+ clutch. I upgraded OEM 1/2" bore CMC to wilwood 5/8" bore and ss lines and clutch delay valve delete.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I had high rpm lockout with spec 2+ clutch. I upgraded OEM 1/2" bore CMC to wilwood 5/8" bore and ss lines and clutch delay valve delete.
Do you know what Wilwood PN you used?
Sponsored