KZCMC + CDV Delete still grind?

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
I have done the KZCMC and the CDV delete and it is really good. I can bang the gears without worry. However I *can* still induce a gear grind if doing an aggressive high RPM shift from 1-2 while doing a left turn. Anyone else have this experience? At this point is it just my poor shifting techinque?
Sponsored

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
I thought about doing both of these mods, it kinds sucks to see your saying your still getting grinds. Would you still recommend doing them?

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
You're gonna grind until you learn to take it easy into 2nd. There is a shitton of copium and pretend hacks on the forum but unless the clutch is explicitly dragging, just stop slamming the car into 2nd, especially if you have the car angled.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
Only did a delay valve removal, but my car in the beginning never grinds once, excluding the 2 times I did myself.

It seems like its not a must issue for CTR, some batch has the grind and some don't.

Again, sorry to hear that you still can grind.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Did you adjust the clutch pedal and CMC rod? That changed it for me.

OP
OP
blayed

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
You're gonna grind until you learn to take it easy into 2nd. There is a shitton of copium and pretend hacks on the forum but unless the clutch is explicitly dragging, just stop slamming the car into 2nd, especially if you have the car angled.
I think this is the moneyshot here. I was trying to see if I could still "induce" a grind and well I can if i launch hard at an angle lol. But overall its WAY easier to shift and the grind incidence in normal driving is virtually zero.

I thought about doing both of these mods, it kinds sucks to see your saying your still getting grinds. Would you still recommend doing them?
Absolutely! It makes the speed at which you can shift way faster and again, you'll only grind if you're pushing it or trying to launch really aggressively at an angle.

Did you adjust the clutch pedal and CMC rod? That changed it for me.
Just the CMC rod. CMC rod did nothing. Now that I did the KZCMC and the CDV delete it was a huge help. However, how did you adjust the clutch pedal? Maybe I should do that too ...

OP
OP
blayed

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
Just wanted to give an update. It's been 2 weeks and ZERO grinds. Indeed if you try really really hard you can still induce a grind but that's to be expected. Haven't taken it to a track but no grinds from daily driving even from relatively fast launches
Sponsored