KYB shocks experience? '16 Coupe (no Bilstein, Koni available)

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
I have already read the Bilstein and Koni threads (looking like unicorn enhancements are easier to get), found KYB are available. First off, is there a difference between 2016 and following years? Found some sellers on eBay selling all four corners, in the neighborhood of $240 (free shipping). I see other brands that I never heard of for the adjustable coil-overs, not interested in that or lowering. Looking for experience with KYB. I put KYB on my '68 Chevy pickup, so far so good, but the mechanic had a heck of a time finding them thanks to CV1984.
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No difference in shocks between the model years.

I believe the KYB Excel-G line is designed to be an OE spec part. It should feel and function the same as your original shocks.

postwarart

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2k
Country flag
I've not tried them on any civic. However, I had a set of inverted KYB struts on a first gen Impreza, and they were wonderful until they stopped working properly. I bought them used and was able to use them for an additional 4 years.

I then bought some KYB AGX's. They feel just the same, if not better - but it's difficult to tell if they felt better just for being new. They roll over anything without a problem with stock STI springs.
Sponsored