Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I do plan to track the car, I don't think ill mind the stiffness I want it be way stiffer than stock. I also plan to do the sway bars ETC. The only reason why I am considering these is because of the discount I get from work, if I had to spend over 2 grand I wouldn't. This thread wasn't about whether or not to get coils it was if anyone has KW's. I don't mind I appreciate the inputs and recommendations. Still have yet to get news from Germany about fitment probably next week ill be given a definitive answer.
As others have said, you'll just need to buy a canceller for your adaptive suspension to make it think it's working but everything bolts in the same place. I do agree with your choice in coilovers, KW is in the high mid range of coil overs IMO.
Sponsored

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
I do plan to track the car, I don't think ill mind the stiffness I want it be way stiffer than stock. I also plan to do the sway bars ETC. The only reason why I am considering these is because of the discount I get from work, if I had to spend over 2 grand I wouldn't. This thread wasn't about whether or not to get coils it was if anyone has KW's. I don't mind I appreciate the inputs and recommendations. Still have yet to get news from Germany about fitment probably next week ill be given a definitive answer.
Your choice of course. Just wanted to explain that the adaptive dampers are really great and if you go for coils you're going to give up ride quality on the street.

If you're building the car up for the track you should budget for camber kits and toe arms for both ends of the car. Regardless of whether you do coils or springs. Getting your alignment properly dialed in can make a huge difference for track driving.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Following the thread for updates, I wasn't aware that KW had options for non-CTR but here it is on the KW site (pn: 35250034). I should be able to price out a kit, and cancellors for anyone interested in giving them a go.

Having tried various Spring and Coilover setups on our Si's, KW's option would be strictly limited for the hardcore enthusiast who has maxed their ability with the factory dampers. In fact, on my personal Si I switched back to the factory dampers with Whiteline Lowering Springs, from a coilover setup that didn't meet my requirements, and feel that it's more comfortable for daily driving + more confidence inspiring for track driving which in the end made my times faster :)

Honda Civic 10th gen KW Coilovers on an SI 1603683274121

Honda Civic 10th gen KW Coilovers on an SI 1603683475469

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Having lived with stiff coilovers on a daily....am happy to not every day again lol. If it isn't a dedicated track car, these aren't the right choice IMO.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the KW's the one you don't get a front tophat with as well?

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hopefully I can get an update today, ill try to get as much information as I can about them.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Having lived with stiff coilovers on a daily....am happy to not every day again lol. If it isn't a dedicated track car, these aren't the right choice IMO.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the KW's the one you don't get a front tophat with as well?
I highly doubt you don't get a tophat with a KW V3, this is just shy of their clubsport version. I'd see them maybe not coming with a tophat on their V1 or their street comfort line but anything past V2 should come with adjustable camber hats.

Edit: apparently they moved their top hat to only the V4s, that's a little frustrating to me. They had tophats included in V2s for the BRZs when they came out 6-7 years ago....

Last edited:

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
I highly doubt you don't get a tophat with a KW V3, this is just shy of their clubsport version. I'd see them maybe not coming with a tophat on their V1 or their street comfort line but anything past V2 should come with adjustable camber hats.

Edit: apparently they moved their top hat to only the V4s, that's a little frustrating to me. They had tophats included in V2s for the BRZs when they came out 6-7 years ago....
Google KW V3 top hat and you get forum after forum of all models asking what top hats to use. Here's some from ours on the FK8 set.

KW.35250036-2.jpg

Got pics of the KW V3, comes with Error Canceler and currently instock!
Front uses the OEM top hats on the KW, so no plans for Camber adjustment just yet.

KW.35250036-4.jpg

Now that's not to say the KW isn't a good option for a track coilover, but something to know going into a 4 figure purchase, especially for DD.

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Following the thread for updates, I wasn't aware that KW had options for non-CTR but here it is on the KW site (pn: 35250034). I should be able to price out a kit, and cancellors for anyone interested in giving them a go.

Having tried various Spring and Coilover setups on our Si's, KW's option would be strictly limited for the hardcore enthusiast who has maxed their ability with the factory dampers. In fact, on my personal Si I switched back to the factory dampers with Whiteline Lowering Springs, from a coilover setup that didn't meet my requirements, and feel that it's more comfortable for daily driving + more confidence inspiring for track driving which in the end made my times faster :)

1603683274121.png

1603683475469.png
Just curious, what coilovers have you tested and what about them made you feel less confident while driving?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Google KW V3 top hat and you get forum after forum of all models asking what top hats to use. Here's some from ours on the FK8 set.

Now that's not to say the KW isn't a good option for a track coilover, but something to know going into a 4 figure purchase, especially for DD.
Yeah that's why I added the edit at the bottom, I'm pretty bummed about this and don't quite understand why they're doing it.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just curious, what coilovers have you tested and what about them made you feel less confident while driving?
K-Tuned. They were a bit too stiffly sprung for my liking, and going into fast corners on track I couldn't figure out how to dial them in so the LSD wouldn't be in a lock and unlock situation mid-turn. It led to the car feeling unstable in turns on the limit since the car kept on cutting power (traction was off, and tried the pedal dance as well)

They're a great street coilover setup for anyone in warmer climates that wants the height and great camber adjustability. Rode well last year before the snow, but didn't fare well after winter so I would recommend to warmer climate living folks, or those who can switch to factory dampers in the winter.

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Update: Our contact in Germany was able to confirm the fitment. They are already ordered, and it will take up to 6 weeks for it to reach the US. My cost was sub 2k and luckily I don't have to pay for shipping since it will come on a freight with other items, bumpers, wheels, etc. I guess I will be the quine pig and test how these coilovers work with Si's. I'm assuming I will have to invest in some chamber arms now sine the KW's don't come with top hats. I'm new to this stuff and I know its stupid to get such an expensive set of coils for a beginner but I guess this forces me to learn quick. Ill update as I get more info. Thanks for the help so far.

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
K-Tuned. They were a bit too stiffly sprung for my liking, and going into fast corners on track I couldn't figure out how to dial them in so the LSD wouldn't be in a lock and unlock situation mid-turn. It led to the car feeling unstable in turns on the limit since the car kept on cutting power (traction was off, and tried the pedal dance as well)

They're a great street coilover setup for anyone in warmer climates that wants the height and great camber adjustability. Rode well last year before the snow, but didn't fare well after winter so I would recommend to warmer climate living folks, or those who can switch to factory dampers in the winter.
Could the locking be due to more power than stock? IDK if your making tons more power than stock, im assuming you are.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Could the locking be due to more power than stock? IDK if your making tons more power than stock, im assuming you are.
The car is FBO, but not dyno'd yet. See I was thinking that too until I ruled it out at a track day this past weekend with the Lowering Springs, and other front suspension upgrades this past weekend.

Not saying it's a bad product, but I just couldn't dial it in right for my use.

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Quick question, do coilovers that fit on an SI also fit on non-si civic's or the other way around?

circuit.heart

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport (Si converted), '94 525i x2
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick question, do coilovers that fit on an SI also fit on non-si civic's or the other way around?
Si has thicker strut tube than non-Si, so I have heard of people putting non-Si coilovers on the Si with the use of an extra collar. Not the best way of doing things, but it technically works if the collar is steel and pressed on tight.

As far as the earlier discussion was concerned: KW V3 are not meant for the track at all, not sure where you guys get this info. They're softly sprung and soft on compression damping for comfort on the street, you'll have a challenge getting enough spring rate on them to actually deal with track tires in a racetrack environment. Not to mention the lack of a camber option up front, which these cars needs lots of.

If you're going to attempt racing on the V3's you'll want to figure out a way to get to at least -3deg front camber, if not more. Most track-focused coilovers do this out of the box. (Fortune Auto, HKS etc).
Sponsored