OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Si has thicker strut tube than non-Si, so I have heard of people putting non-Si coilovers on the Si with the use of an extra collar. Not the best way of doing things, but it technically works if the collar is steel and pressed on tight.

As far as the earlier discussion was concerned: KW V3 are not meant for the track at all, not sure where you guys get this info. They're softly sprung and soft on compression damping for comfort on the street, you'll have a challenge getting enough spring rate on them to actually deal with track tires in a racetrack environment. Not to mention the lack of a camber option up front, which these cars needs lots of.

If you're going to attempt racing on the V3's you'll want to figure out a way to get to at least -3deg front camber, if not more. Most track-focused coilovers do this out of the box. (Fortune Auto, HKS etc).
Are you sure about about them not being track capable coilovers? It says on the website that it is mainly for street performance, but I would assume they would do great on track as well. The clubsport/V4 are the more track focused coilovers but the V3's should be fine on track as well as performing great on the street.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
when my ST X coilovers get bad, i will replace them with ST XTA, if anything this car needs it is front camber, why KW V3 dont have front camber plate is beyond me...

lowered 2" front with guide pin removed i sit at -0.7 camber and when doing some spirited mountain driving you can feel outside of the tire getting chewed up :)
i think -1.2 or even 1.5+ would be perfect for cornering, since my car tends to understeer before oversteer

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Update: I emailed KW myself about fitment, salesperson replied that it "should" work with my vehicle. So still no 100% fitment confirmation. I also asked about the spring rates. His response was

Here we use a progressive spring,
so we can not tell you the spring rate.
But you can find a diameter hereafter:

Spring rate: 50 N/mm translates to about 285 pound/inch

He also provided a graph for the spring rates, kinda hard to read though.

Line starts at about 250 on the x-axis and decreases by increments of 20.
y-axis goes up by thousands ends at around 5500, x-axis ends at about 90.

I Don't know how to interpret this graph.

Honda Civic 10th gen KW Coilovers on an SI image002

circuit.heart

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport (Si converted), '94 525i x2
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you sure about about them not being track capable coilovers? It says on the website that it is mainly for street performance, but I would assume they would do great on track as well. The clubsport/V4 are the more track focused coilovers but the V3's should be fine on track as well as performing great on the street.
The lack of front camber adjustment is a dead giveaway that they are street focused suspension, that passes TUV requirements for STREET use.

In any case, I have raced two comparable cars against each other on BC coilovers vs KW v3 + Swift springs. The BC's camber adjustment more than makes up for its inferior damping characteristics, and the KW car burned through tires without front camber.

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The lack of front camber adjustment is a dead giveaway that they are street focused suspension, that passes TUV requirements for STREET use.

In any case, I have raced two comparable cars against each other on BC coilovers vs KW v3 + Swift springs. The BC's camber adjustment more than makes up for its inferior damping characteristics, and the KW car burned through tires without front camber.
I will be getting camber arms to solve this issue, will probable install them when installing the coilovers. Would this not solve my issue for chamber adjustment? Also how much chamber do you guys recommend?

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Seen plenty of track cars using these between my Subaru/86 days and Formula Drift time. Most applications have aftermarket top hats available, we're just not lucky there since we got eccentric alignment holes at the top. I still think it's overkill on a street/daily but my .02.

circuit.heart

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport (Si converted), '94 525i x2
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will be getting camber arms to solve this issue, will probable install them when installing the coilovers. Would this not solve my issue for chamber adjustment? Also how much chamber do you guys recommend?
A rear camber adjustment device won't do shit for the lack of front camber. You need camber plates. I've seen FK8 boys install offset lower ball joints as well, however I would be wary that 1) it makes it harder to fit big tires up front and 2) it technically pulls the axle apart when you do that, I don't know how much you can do that before the strength of the axle joints are affected. Me having already broken an axle, wouldn't want to play with it. Plates only.

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sad news guys hate to say it but I had to cancel my order for the coilovers. Stuff came up and it does not make sense for me to invest all that money into the car right now. I really wanted to go through with it and see if these will even fit my car but I would have to purchase other components to get it to were I want it.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
On a plus, whiteline adjustable ball joints might be out by then ;)

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: I emailed KW myself about fitment, salesperson replied that it "should" work with my vehicle. So still no 100% fitment confirmation. I also asked about the spring rates. His response was

Here we use a progressive spring,
so we can not tell you the spring rate.
But you can find a diameter hereafter:

Spring rate: 50 N/mm translates to about 285 pound/inch

He also provided a graph for the spring rates, kinda hard to read though.

Line starts at about 250 on the x-axis and decreases by increments of 20.
y-axis goes up by thousands ends at around 5500, x-axis ends at about 90.

I Don't know how to interpret this graph.

image002.jpg
@LampRod do you have this picture in a better quality ?This really isn't visable at al .
I recently bought a used ST X Coilover set ( 13250034 ) Which uses the exact same front and rear springs as the KW V3 (35250034 ).On the German KW /ST website there are TUV papers available which describe the spring dimensions and part numbers where you can clearly see they are identical. The front spring is progressive and the rear spring is lineair and is 5K .

The ST XTA Coilover uses Lineair springs front and rear and has a camber plate .Those springs are 6K front and 5K rear .I think the ST X front progressive springs are around 5.5K but in progressive form.

Anyway these spring rates are softer then most other aftermarket coilovers i've seen ,so i think they will handle perfect on the street or track days.

Even the ST Type R coilovers are all 7K front and 6K rear springs , KW v3 Type R is 6K front and 6K Rear and the KW Clubsport Type R is 8K front and 7K rear.

Last edited:

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
KW V3 Part #: 35250034 do not fit Honda Civic Sedan Si, Only fit "None Si" Sedan and FK's
Sponsored