KW Civic Coilover Dimensions

Dark Regent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport 6MT
Country flag
Does anybody by any chance know how the dimensions of the shocks on a 10G Civic Sport compare to the shocks on an Accord of the same generation?

I'm wondering if there's any possibility to put some Civic KW V3s (35250034) on my Accord 2.0T, since there isn't an option for that car. I know the form factor is very similar but I didn't know if they Civic parts would mount up to the Accord mounting points. I know I read that the Civic Sport and Si shock tubes may be different diameters, and I wondered how they compared to the Accord's.

If I could get a diameter of the Civic Sport shocks where they go into the top of the front knuckle, I might be able to determine with that, as well.

I'm currently running some Fortune Auto 500s and am not really happy with them for daily use, particularly on rough roads.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kw v3(35250034) are 52mm shocks according to the German kw website.
These are made to replace the shocks without electronic damping.
The accord is heavier so the shocks and springs might be different .

I'm using ST X coilovers which have the same springs ,and shocks as kw v3 .Only difference is kw v3 is stainless steel and has damping and rebound adjustment.
KW V3 (and ST X) for civic uses a progressive spring in the front and a lineair spring in the rear . (Between 5-6K front(progressive spring) and 5K rear)

The ST XTA coilovers uses a lineair spring in the front and back.(6K front 5K rear)

OP
OP

Dark Regent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport 6MT
Country flag
Kw v3(35250034) are 52mm shocks according to the German kw website.
These are made to replace the shocks without electronic damping.
The accord is heavier so the shocks and springs might be different .

I'm using ST X coilovers which have the same springs ,and shocks as kw v3 .Only difference is kw v3 is stainless steel and has damping and rebound adjustment.
KW V3 (and ST X) for civic uses a progressive spring in the front and a lineair spring in the rear . (Between 5-6K front(progressive spring) and 5K rear)

The ST XTA coilovers uses a lineair spring in the front and back.(6K front 5K rear)
Yeah, I saw that on KW's site. I measured the Accord's dampers at 53.8 mm where they go in the socket with the pinch bolt. So, I wondered if KW's number was accurate and how much difference that 1.8 mm actually makes when trying to install them with the pinch bolt.

I actually ended up buying a used Civic strut assembly on eBay to measure it and found out the Civic assembly was over an inch shorter than the one on the Accord and the bottom of the strut was over 3 mm smaller in diameter (less than 2"), which is even smaller than what KW lists.

The Accord is only 300 lbs heavier than the Civic, with almost the same weight distribution. So, I was hoping with the V3s I might get away with using the same spring rates or get new springs and adjust the compression and rebound to suit. However, there's no way they can fit.

With the Fortune Autos, their default spring rates are 6k/6k, which is pretty close, as well. I went one step up with 7k/7k. However, I ended up bending at least one wheel with the FA500s and the ride was extremely harsh. I spent over a month going back and forth with FA trying to come up with a solution to the problem only to find out after taking some measurements that the setup they're selling comes with 1/2" of available suspension travel at ride height on the front end of the car. So, that's why I was bending wheels just hitting small cracks and pot holes on the street. They tried to blame me for driving on "bad roads" just on my daily commutes. After I pointed that out to them and the fact that both of the end links they supplied with the FA500s were also bent (because the suspension was constantly bottoming out), they took them back and gave me a refund. I'm still out $150 for return shipping and about $400 for a bent wheel (if/when I can buy one), so I'm still not really happy about it, that that's how they're doing business, selling things that can't possibly be used for the intended purpose.

So, I'm back on stock suspension for now.
Sponsored

Last edited: