Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've repeatedly tried to lock my new ktuner to my ecu and every time I press 'I Agree' and then Yes, it says 'datalogging: 0 fps' for a few seconds then pops up with the same ECU locking text box.

Any idea what may be wrong?

The hardware and software numbers on the confirm box are different slightly, would that be an issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Was able to get it to work by restarting the ktuner app, currently uploading the tune to the ECU. Hopefully it all goes smoothly from here.

Quick Google search said ktuner doesn't exactly like windows that much, so that may be where I'm getting some issues from.

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Ktuner can be painful. With my laptop at max power and 150Mbps internet, it look me 5 tries to lock to the ecu. I guess somethings never change, sounds all normal lol

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is it normal to throw codes after being tuned? VSA, braking system, power steering system, hill start, etc. are all showing after turning the car on and off again for the first time since the tune.

I do have advanced VSA on in the quick settings.

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is it normal to throw codes after being tuned? VSA, braking system, power steering system, hill start, etc. are all showing after turning the car on and off again for the first time since the tune.

I do have advanced VSA on in the quick settings.
Just took a short drive, my car is flashed back to stock somehow? I'm peaking at about 15-16 psi despite being on Map 3 of phearable 1.5.

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
I've had issues with the Ktuner app and my Windows in the past. The one remedy that worked was to disable all antivirus and security preferences for the the app and laptop (including factory settings). Everything was smooth sailing after that, zero issues. Felt kinda weird to deactivate all the security and firewall settings, computer was alarmingly naked.

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Okay, reflashed AGAIN. Gonna drive home (as I'm currently parked in a random parking lot) and turn the car off and on there to see if it somehow flashes back to stock again.

Startup is pretty rough, not sure if it's a normal side effect. It almost sounds like it's about to stall for a bit and is a little rough until RPMs level out at 800ish

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did some pulls, my turbo drops down to only 15psi when I go full throttle. If I hold it around 75% however I'll be pushing 22-23psi like I should be.

I'm a little worried about how it's driving, as it was fine at first but after turning the car off and on again it started going wrong.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The real key is looking at a datalog to see what the ECU is commanding. If it's requesting 15 psi and you're hitting 15, that's normal. And it sometime's may command a high number like 23 psi at 75% depending on environmental factors.

I'm guessing all is OK and I'm assuming your errors went away (if not, they will shortly... all normal).

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The real key is looking at a datalog to see what the ECU is commanding. If it's requesting 15 psi and you're hitting 15, that's normal. And it sometime's may command a high number like 23 psi at 75% depending on environmental factors.

I'm guessing all is OK and I'm assuming your errors went away (if not, they will shortly... all normal).
I'm gonna test the car a bit more with the advanced VSA off to see if somehow that changed something, as that's the only change I made between restarts. I'll pull a datalog from that drive.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you setting advanced VSA?

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Where are you setting advanced VSA?
I had it enabled in quick enables and in quick adjustments set it to the moderate setting, wanted to see if I noticed a difference. Not sure if I mentioned it earlier but I'm using phearable 1.5.

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just got back. Car felt fine to me, mid ride I was checking turbo pressure and was hitting peak consistently when I wanted it to instead of being stuck at 15.

Went over the datalog and checked TC pressure vs TC target, values were very close and were definitely normal.

I did notice that my knock control moved between 6 and 6.3. Could this be due to about a quarter of my tank being on 89 octane while the rest is 93?

Also will be adding my car to the tuning thread finally lol
Sponsored