gingermybuddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX 1.5T
Country flag
I have a 2018 Civic EX Hatchback. I am still new to tuning cars so I don't really know a whole lot but I am here to learn. I want to get the Ktuner tune but I just had some questions about the factory warranty. I understand that adding a tune voids the warranty but I was wondering if I kept a backup of the factory ecu tune and flashed that on when I would be going to the dealership would they know that it has been tuned and still void the warranty? Also I am not completely set on the Ktuner I was also thinking of going with the Hondata tune instead if anyone has any opinion on that I would love to hear it.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the deal. You should ALWAYS flash back to stock when going to the dealer for service. Just to be on the safe side. Ktuner stores your factory tune for you as a backup so it's easy to switch back and forth. Basically, unless you had a major drivetrain issue, they won't be snooping around to see if you car has been flash tuned.

BTW, the tunes that come with Ktuner have been proven safe and reliable.

I've also owned Hondata and it's a good product but I prefer KTuner. I have a long thread that may interest you:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/from-hondata-to-ktuner-the-ongoing-review.29033/

Hope that helps.
Sponsored