KTuner vs Hondata

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah, I'm already set on Hondata for so many reasons. It seems it has everything Ktuner plus more, all except overpriced fancy screen which I would prob never use. Only advantage for screen is the data values you get live are loading and sampling faster than over bluetooth to head unit which would be better for the track if you want something very responsive, but I think you still get the same value from just using bluetooth, its not like the extra 0.5 seconds will make a difference on the track. And you can't beat instant jailbreak in 30 seconds, its just too convenient.
Flashpro uses bt to connect the radio to the flashpro same way ktuner does. I didn’t noticed lag when I use the ktuner. But once again I used the v1.2
Sponsored

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
The Ktuner V1.2 is MUCH cheaper, they are $449 new. The V2 has the screen, but its not required.
You're right but you can't beat instant jailbreak. And the fact that hondata does the equivalent + more and still supported and constantly getting updates and new features. And my future tuner prefers Hondata which is most of the time better for custom tuners. I daily my car and idk what I would do without my ECU and car for more than a couple days let alone a week.
Besides being 250 cheaper, I can't find any other reason that Ktuner would be better for me.

Flashpro uses bt to connect the radio to the flashpro same way ktuner does. I didn’t noticed lag when I use the ktuner. But once again I used the v1.2
Right, bluetooth speed for both v1.2 and flashpro would be the same. But Ktuner screen which connects directly to OBD2 port is a wired connection and would be milliseconds faster because any BT connection has some inherent delay.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're right but you can't beat instant jailbreak. And the fact that hondata does the equivalent + more and still supported and constantly getting updates and new features. And my future tuner prefers Hondata which is most of the time better for custom tuners. I daily my car and idk what I would do without my ECU and car for more than a couple days let alone a week.
Besides being 250 cheaper, I can't find any other reason that Ktuner would be better for me.

Right, bluetooth speed for both v1.2 and flashpro would be the same. But Ktuner screen which connects directly to OBD2 port is a wired connection and would be milliseconds faster because any BT connection has some inherent delay.

You can instant JB with out owning a Hondata, your local dealer or anyone one with a Flashpro can do it even if the FP is locked to another car

I don't have a preference either way. I was going to go Hondata but already owning a Ktuner it'll save me a ton.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can instant JB with out owning a Hondata, your local dealer or anyone one with a Flashpro can do it even if the FP is locked to another car

I don't have a preference either way. I was going to go Hondata but already owning a Ktuner it'll save me a ton.
Do dealers charge 250 or is it cheaper than what hondata would charge directly for doing it yourself? I'm guessing anyone with flashpro you just have to pay the 250, but would dealer be cheaper?

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have a video of two CTR’s tuned by the same tuner one ktuner and one with flashpro. Even race but cant upload a video here.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do dealers charge 250 or is it cheaper than what hondata would charge directly for doing it yourself? I'm guessing anyone with flashpro you just have to pay the 250, but would dealer be cheaper?

I actually contacted my local dealer today, but I think the fee is set at $250 by Hondata.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I actually contacted my local dealer today, but I think the fee is set at $250 by Hondata.
is your local dealer cool with stuff like that, what is their view on tuning? If you come in with any issues do they treat you the same way, is this a local honda dealership?

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There’s benefits of owning the device like

-you can adjust the traction control to your liking
-you can do your own datalogs and analyze the car
-If you downsize tires or put bigger tires you can calibrate the speedo and adjust it so it reads 100% what it should on a different tire size.
-you can switch maps lets say you added a downpipe you can add the new map free of cost
-you can enable the option of turning on the car in r mode
-you can add features like maf scaling adjustments to several intakes that mess with the maf reading.
-the list go on.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is your local dealer cool with stuff like that, what is their view on tuning? If you come in with any issues do they treat you the same way, is this a local honda dealership?

I meant my local Hondata dealer.

-If you downsize tires or put bigger tires you can calibrate the speedo and adjust it so it reads 100% what it should on a different tire size.
-you can switch maps lets say you added a downpipe you can add the new map free of cost
-you can add features like maf scaling adjustments to several intakes that mess with the maf reading.
-the list go on.

I get it, it's just not worth me spending another $700 when all ever plan to do is run the base maps.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

-the list go on.
Is this with flashpro or ktuner?
I like the tire size speed and +R features a lot

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Lol don’t get butthurt. Do some research and you’ll find out KTuner basemaps are superior to Hondata.
Butthurt? Nah I call the bullshit when I see it. I owned both what research are you talking about.

Sounds like you got carried away by MARKETING lmao
Sponsored