BuenoFk8

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m curious what’s the best to tune my type r with? All I have on the car at the moment is a PRL intake, in the future I plan on putting an exhaust, intercooler, downpipe. If I tune it I wouldn’t put some crazy tune on, I just need a reliable tune since I do daily drive my car and on the weekends take it joy riding around the backroads. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
Hondata for sure ktune is very limited. Everyone i knew that had ktuner had swapped to hondata. If you look it up on youtube theres people that compared both and why they ended up switching to hondata.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
The OP asked for a reliable tune and it’s no debate that KTuner has better off the shelf tunes compared to Hondata. Many people have fell for Hondata’s gimmicks but I won’t go there since people will get offended. Custom tuning would be different as it would change based on preference of your tuner.

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
The OP asked for a reliable tune and it’s no debate that KTuner has better off the shelf tunes compared to Hondata. Many people have fell for Hondata’s gimmicks but I won’t go there since people will get offended. Custom tuning would be different as it would change based on preference of your tuner.
Have you raced a hondata over the shelf tuned car? Not trying sound like a dick but i have 2 different maps im running and with my conservative tune that has the questionable stuff off i walk my friends car every time. He also is running fbo ktuner and during that time i only had drop in filter and ic. When i ran my all out tune with pretty much everything turned on other then tc and full throttle shift its a pretty big difference. Im tuned on flex fuel now so its not even comparable. He also is looking to switch over to hondata.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
In your opinion why do you believe the base map is better then hondata? Because of power numbers? Reliability?
Both power and reliability are better with KTuner OTS maps.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my ktuner, zero issues so far and the car works amazing!!!

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
Both power and reliability are better with KTuner OTS maps.
I guess well just have to agree to disagree appreciate your opinion. Ill just throw this out there though, only thing i heard thats not reliable is the anti lag. Correct me if im wrong other then that there hasnt been no cases of unreliability.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I’m curious what’s the best to tune my type r with? All I have on the car at the moment is a PRL intake, in the future I plan on putting an exhaust, intercooler, downpipe. If I tune it I wouldn’t put some crazy tune on, I just need a reliable tune since I do daily drive my car and on the weekends take it joy riding around the backroads. Any suggestions?
Hondata would be best to tune your Type-R with. It has more tunable features/parameters.
If on the other hand you don't want to tune your type-r I would go with Ktuner because I believe they have better pre-made tunes.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I guess well just have to agree to disagree appreciate your opinion. Ill just throw this out there though, only thing i heard thats not reliable is the anti lag. Correct me if im wrong other then that there hasnt been no cases of unreliability.
There are several cases if you know where to look. Buddy of mine had a blown turbo using OTS Hondata basemaps. The tunes are aggressive and run lean.

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
There are several cases if you know where to look. Buddy of mine had a blown turbo using OTS Hondata basemaps. The tunes are aggressive and run lean.
Really? That sucks do you mind giving me some information about it. Like what base map was he using and what did he have on? Theres few options on there that hondata does’t recommend but people still use it and im wondering if thats what happen with him.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
im glad theres a person out there that would agree with me.
Totally trust your opinions on the basemap, you definitely know what you're talking about there. I recall you saying that the Hondata's basemaps run a little too lean, especially for 91 pump gas.
Sponsored