amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Like I said at the beginning of this thread. If you don't plan to tune the car and just upload the pre-made tunes then use Ktuner because they make a little more power, are very well developed and is cheaper.
If you plan to make big power over factory and tune the car yourself or have someone tune it for you then use Hondata because it has more features and things to tune as well as ignition controlled traction control which you definitely want when going for big power gains.
End of discussion.
Don't forget the luxury with Ktuner to assign different stages to the different modes (sport, +R modes), this is really nice feature.
Sponsored

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Don't forget the luxury with Ktuner to assign different stages to the different modes (sport, +R modes), this is really nice feature.
This same thing can be easily done on the hondata software by yourself so I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on it as far as decision making of which one to go with.
The only difference in the tunes per drive mode are lower torque requests in sport mode and even lower in comfort. All other parameters of the tune are the same for the different drive modes.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This same thing can be easily done on the hondata software by yourself so I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on it as far as decision making of which one to go with.
The only difference in the tunes per drive mode are lower torque requests in sport mode and even lower in comfort. All other parameters of the tune are the same for the different drive modes.
So your saying the even ktuner stage 1 tune, is the most aggressive tune, and stage 0 is just the same tune but with lower torque request, and they just make it sound fancy by calling it stage 0.??
So with hondata, I can 100% have the most aggresive tune for +R mode, and then less and lesser aggressive tunes for sport and comfort respectively?

2nd part of this question is with hondata, I think you can only store 2 tunes, would having the tune with different torques in different modes all count as the same tune?

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
So your saying the even ktuner stage 1 tune, is the most aggressive tune, and stage 0 is just the same tune but with lower torque request, and they just make it sound fancy by calling it stage 0.??
So with hondata, I can 100% have the most aggresive tune for +R mode, and then less and lesser aggressive tunes for sport and comfort respectively?

2nd part of this question is with hondata, I think you can only store 2 tunes, would having the tune with different torques in different modes all count as the same tune?
The stage 1 tune is different than the stage zero tune in many places. However, the multi stage tune is the stage one tune with lowered torque request for sport and comfort so as to achieve the same lower power as a stage zero tune.

Second part: a tune with different torque requests for the different drive modes counts as one tune.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
Following this thread with interest. Will be looking to pick one of these for my FK7 in the fall. Would start with a canned tune and go from there. KTuner looks to be winning with the built-in tune options, but man... I can't get over that massive dash tumour I'd have to mount or hide somewhere. Hondata's pretty compact, and they have been around for ages... decisions, decisions. Even harder to decide when it's pretty much the same coin.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Following this thread with interest. Will be looking to pick one of these for my FK7 in the fall. Would start with a canned tune and go from there. KTuner looks to be winning with the built-in tune options, but man... I can't get over that massive dash tumour I'd have to mount or hide somewhere. Hondata's pretty compact, and they have been around for ages... decisions, decisions. Even harder to decide when it's pretty much the same coin.
You know ktutner has an older version without the screen.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You know ktutner has an older version without the screen.
I do... just don't know if KTuner will continue supporting the product. Seems there is a lot of push with the v2. If the platform has a future, and is feature for feature equivalent (less the display thing)... would consider for sure. $300CAD savings may be worth a chance.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've completed a ton of research on the "KTUNER vs HONDATA" debate. I would only buy the Hondata for the Type R. I have spoken to several K-tuner with plenty of experience. They each said the same about the topic.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've completed a ton of research on the "KTUNER vs HONDATA" debate. I would only buy the Hondata for the Type R. I have spoken to several K-tuner with plenty of experience. They each said the same about the topic.

I didn't spell check or read before replying. I have spoken to several tuners, which all told me to stick with Hondata.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm torn as well. I already have a V1.2, I'd plan to sell it and go Hondata but sticking with it would save me a ton of cash.

I only plan to run a AFE catted downpipe and a canned tune.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm torn as well. I already have a V1.2, I'd plan to sell it and go Hondata but sticking with it would save me a ton of cash.

I only plan to run a AFE catted downpipe and a canned tune.
...particular reason? What are you lacking in KT that you think you will get in a canned Hondata tune? Honest question.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...particular reason? What are you lacking in KT that you think you will get in a canned Hondata tune? Honest question.

That's the thing, I'm not sure. Lots of people seem to think that Hondata is the way to go with the R.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's the thing, I'm not sure. Lots of people seem to think that Hondata is the way to go with the R.
Right... maybe (or not), but for a canned tune with couple of bolt-on mods? Overthinking it maybe? Buy a TSP tune for your KT and be done... no? Thinking out loud here.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Right... maybe (or not), but for a canned tune with couple of bolt-on mods? Overthinking it maybe? Buy a TSP tune for your KT and be done... no? Thinking out loud here.

Not sure sure about TSP, but yea my plan is a downpipe and tune. That's it.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure sure about TSP, but yea my plan is a downpipe and tune. That's it.
Unless you plan on more mods and tweaking the piss out of it on a dyno... waste of money IMO... considering you already own KT. I can help with the dilemma... sell it to me cheap and get Hondata... you know you really, trally want it. ?
Sponsored