KTuner & Vit = Legends

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Ya I believe his test vehicle had multiple mods like downpipes etc. just stock I think it’s around 240-250 torque.
I believe that he was using the PRL downpipe at the time, per his blog. Just would want to confirm that the wtq values are ok on this Stage 1 relative to what the stock clutch can handle long term. I'm dreading having to replace it with something stiff and heavy like my old Prelude's clutch. That thing sucked in stop and go traffic.
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is good to hear.

Last edited:

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So the Stage 1 is stock clutch friendly? I've been on the 19.5/23 tune for about a month with no issues.....

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
So the Stage 1 is stock clutch friendly? I've been on the 19.5/23 tune for about a month with no issues.....
That's really going to depend on your luck... If it holds hte 19.5/23 it'll probably hold our Stage 1.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
@VitViper I’ve seen your blog with the test car and the mods. Do you have the hp/tq figures for bone stock stage 1 or did I just read it wrong. I just saw the up to 80 more torque and figured that was all that was tested was with the PRL mods and extra. I’m assuming your stage 1 dual tune is also the same 19.5/23 psi as well.

That's really going to depend on your luck... If it holds hte 19.5/23 it'll probably hold our Stage 1.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
If the clutch starts slipping, will it slip no matter what from that point forward or will it stop if you lower the boost?

Preacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Country flag
My experience with Ktuner has been excellent. I had trouble getting the tune to upload after wiping the ECU. JR was extremely helpful and patient. The problem ended up being with my laptop and after sorting that out all is well. Thanks!

FineBottledWater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased my Ktuner around early March 2017. The customer support from JR is second to none, professional, fast response. JR will go above and beyond what I would expect out of a company. As for Vit, his custom tune is definitely a step above the stage 1 and 2 out of the box. Comparing to stock, stage 1 and 2 are noticeable after flash. The custom tune from Vit on the other hand is like a whole new different car.

Civic X is a great car. Ktuner and Vit take it to the next level.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I've had nothing but a great experience with @VitViper & @KTuner and highly recommend their expertise. They have really made this car fun to own. And I look forward to getting my hands on the new flex fuel package coming from these two tuning masterminds. You can't go wrong with these guys.

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Absolutely loving my Ktuner V2 currently about half way done tuning with Vit and completely stock with no issues on the stock clutch at this point...only 2500 miles on the car too and had ktuner on 19.5\23 since 600 miles. Will definitely be upgrading the clutch next year though for sure with the rest of PRL's bolt ons and retuning to turn it up!
Sponsored