Ktuner v2

• Thread starter Deleted member 32006
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 32006

I’ve been researching this forum a lot and I can’t find a definitive answer on the effects of a Ktuner flash on the manufacturer's warranty.

I am aware of the following statement made by Honda:

"Adding aftermarket parts will not void your warranty. However, aftermarket parts will not be covered and if an aftermarket part is deemed to be the cause of a failure of an otherwise covered part or component, the normally covered part or component will not be covered"

Not trying to commit warranty fraud or anything like that. I just want some knowledge on the following:

1. Will I have any issues regarding routinely maintenance (oil/fluids change, inspections, etc.) if I go to the dealer with the ECU flashed? Do I need to flash back to stock for an oil change?
  2. I know there are risks involving flashing the ECU, but is that something you guys have experienced with the base tunes or the TSP 1? Not looking to abuse the car, just get something extra out of it.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
There is always a possibility of Honda voiding your warranty, that is just the chance you would be taking when making any alterations to the factory setup. That being said, I have seen a lot of members getting warranty repairs, you would always want to flash back to stock before taking it in (TSP made this suggestion to me). One of the reasons is that the dealer may flash an update that is available without you even knowing. Flashing back only takes ten minutes, and when you re-flash the update from Honda will not be overwritten (again, this came from TSP support)