KTuner V2 screen comes on while car off

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
I have noticed a few times that my KTuner V2 screen likes to pop back on while the car is turned off. It has done both with me sitting inside the car (car totally off, fob in pocket) and also after I have parked the car at home, locked the doors and fob inside the house. It doesn't really stay on for very long, Has anyone else had this?
Sponsored

K04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback CVT
Country flag
The unit most likely stays on because of the auto off headlights or interior lights which still are active in the can system when the engine off/key off.

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The unit most likely stays on because of the auto off headlights or interior lights which still are active in the can system when the engine off/key off.
It does it while the car is off, fob inside the house out of range and doors locked. It actually powers back on briefly, then shuts off from time to time. I guess it's the car talking to itself from what KTuner says. Makes sense. Just sucks that my car is advertising for thieves...hey...come steal my crap lol.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
It will shut off after 20 seconds and go into sleep mode after 2 minutes of no ECU contact. I'm not sure what would be waking it up since that doesn't happen in my Si.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
It does it while the car is off, fob inside the house out of range and doors locked. It actually powers back on briefly, then shuts off from time to time. I guess it's the car talking to itself from what KTuner says. Makes sense. Just sucks that my car is advertising for thieves...hey...come steal my crap lol.
Do make sure you write down your Serial number for your Ktuner. So when it is stolen, you can report the serial to Ktuner, that way someone doesnt pay to unlock it.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag

Also you never explained what your car has? Aftermarket Fog lights? Stereo? A capacitor?

Or all stock with a ktuner

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do make sure you write down your Serial number for your Ktuner. So when it is stolen, you can report the serial to Ktuner, that way someone doesnt pay to unlock it.
Been told that Ktuner will only unlock now for the original owner as there were some unscrupulous people trying to sell locked Ktuners and telling people they could pay the fee to unlock it.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Been told that Ktuner will only unlock now for the original owner as there were some unscrupulous people trying to sell locked Ktuners and telling people they could pay the fee to unlock it.
Ktuner mustve changed their p
Policy on that. Cause of scumbags.
But ive seen Ktuner tell people on forums to contact them and they could unlock it for a fee.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Unfortunately we had someone try to have us unlock a stolen unit. Only the original owner can have it unlocked going forward.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner mustve changed their p
Policy on that. Cause of scumbags.
But ive seen Ktuner tell people on forums to contact them and they could unlock it for a fee.
yep, one particular ass hat named Joey Bello was doing that, plus it was starting to happen too much.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Unfortunately we had someone try to have us unlock a stolen unit. Only the original owner can have it unlocked going forward.
Senor Ktuner, im actually very happy to hear this. Cause i loath thieves, they deserve a guillotine, anyways i got some questions.

1. How do you know im the original owner of my Ktuner v2?
2. Is the serial number, the "Unit Number"??
3. TSP wants the serial for a Stage 1 Tune, so its "Unit Number"?

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also you never explained what your car has? Aftermarket Fog lights? Stereo? A capacitor?

Or all stock with a ktuner
My car is 100% stock. It doesn't happen all the time. I've only seen it do it a couple times. Once I was sitting in the car with everything off...and the screen just came on....went off after like 10 seconds. Then one time, I got home, shut the car off, got out, locked the door and went inside. Came out later, it was dark, and I saw the inside of my car light up and ran up and noticed the screen on..then it turned off. Fob still in the house at this point. Today while sitting in my car waiting to start work, it didn't come on lol. So...who knows what the deal is. It's totally random.
Sponsored