kcvpr

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Is there an option to have the v2 restart after turning the ignition back on instead of having unplug it and the reconnect constantly? I think I have auto off turned on already.

Also, should I be worried if I’m getting like 30 knocks right when I start the engine when it’s cold? I also always seem to get 1-2 knocks when I’m shifting in the lower gears no matter what I do. Sometimes it will also randomly knock 1-2 times every minute or two if I’ve been idling for a little while while eating lunch or something.
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Is there an option to have the v2 restart after turning the ignition back on instead of having unplug it and the reconnect constantly? I think I have auto off turned on already.

Also, should I be worried if I’m getting like 30 knocks right when I start the engine when it’s cold? I also always seem to get 1-2 knocks when I’m shifting in the lower gears no matter what I do. Sometimes it will also randomly knock 1-2 times every minute or two if I’ve been idling for a little while while eating lunch or something.
If you have a newer year vehicle, it's not currently turning on with key on, and your firmware is up to date there's an option called CAN Gateway on the main menu. Choose yes.

Hundreds in a short period might signify an issue.

OP
OP

kcvpr

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If you have a newer year vehicle, it's not currently turning on with key on, and your firmware is up to date there's an option called CAN Gateway on the main menu. Choose yes.

Hundreds in a short period might signify an issue.
Yeah I have a 2020. What does the “can gateway” do?

so to clarify, 30 or so knocks in the first 10-15 seconds after startup isn’t abnormal. And 1-2 knocks during shifting isn’t enough to do damage.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag