Ktuner v2... No more erasing percentage?

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
So, I was finally able to install my KTuner yesterday. Thanks to the community here, I was able to find answers to most of my questions. However, after a couple ecu flashes, the v2 display screen no longer showed a progress bar for the "erasing" portion of the tune. It stayed at 0%, but as the dash warning lights came on one by one I could tell it was still working. Is this normal, or should I be concerned? It was still able to flash tunes as normal, but I want to make sure anything with the ability to brick my car isn't going to do so.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Driver56

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Yes, other than the lack of an erasing progress bar on the v2 display, the other parts of the flashing process went as normal. I was a little worried that it might have frozen, but it was just a visual hiccup. I was flashing to factory and then to TSP stage 1, though I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Erasing never showed a progress bar, only a circling wait animation. Only the flashing portion has a percentage. If that's not there give the unit a reset and see if it still isn't there. That's the first I've ever heard of it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
JR, I had an issue the last time I uploaded where the screen went haywire and became pixelated during what would have been the erase portion. I waited about 5 minutes and it stayed stuck. I gave up and just turned the car off. I went into recovery and the next time I flashed my tune everything uploaded normally and without screen glitches.

I already posted about this a while back in my ongoing KTuner review.

Last edited:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
JR, I had an issue the last time I uploaded where the screen went haywire and became pixelated during what would have been the erase portion. I waited about 5 minutes and it stayed stuck. I gave up and just turned the car off. I went into recovery and the next time I flashed my tune everything uploaded normally and without screen glitches.

I already posted about this a while back in my ongoing KTuner review.
That's not what he's describing.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It's similar in the sense that it's a bit of a visual glitch during the erase process. I was wondering if I'm the only one that had that issue.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i usually get 0% earasing and thats it. then it flashes successfully with % done no problem.
visual only. i ignore it.