Belswick67

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey guys! So i just got my hands on a KTuner for my ‘21 civic sport hatch. Only downside is... it includes no mounting hardware. Now i see that online the brackets are listed, but the dual t mounting bracket for the tuner itself isn’t listed anywhere for sale. Does anyone know where i can get the piece that screws to the box to mount it? Ps: if any of you guys have extra mounting brackets/hardware to sell, I’m interested! Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Belswick67

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey guys! So i just got my hands on a KTuner for my ‘21 civic sport hatch. Only downside is... it includes no mounting hardware. Now i see that online the brackets are listed, but the dual t mounting bracket for the tuner itself isn’t listed anywhere for sale. Does anyone know where i can get the piece that screws to the box to mount it? Ps: if any of you guys have extra mounting brackets/hardware to sell, I’m interested! Thanks
bump any ideas?

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I can't offer much on a mounting bracket as I don't use one, found a couple of dual T mounts on Amazon like this one. One of the reviewers uses it for his kTuner:https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...t+mount&qid=1604000337&sr=8-3#customerReviews

Mine's mounted with industrial velcro to the plastic trim to the left of the steering wheel. I got the idea here on the forum and it's pretty nice because you can refer to it when needed, but doesn't take up viewspace on the windshield.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 mounting hardware 1604000584353

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't offer much on a mounting bracket as I don't use one, found a couple of dual T mounts on Amazon like this one. One of the reviewers uses it for his kTuner:https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...t+mount&qid=1604000337&sr=8-3#customerReviews

Mine's mounted with industrial velcro to the plastic trim to the left of the steering wheel. I got the idea here on the forum and it's pretty nice because you can refer to it when needed, but doesn't take up viewspace on the windshield.

1604000584353.png
I had mine there but found I had some nasty reflections at night on the glass (right by the driver side mirror) and it was too distracting no matter how dim I made the display.

Mine is mounted like this now. Yeah it definitely takes up some visibility in the windshield but I angled it so it's minimal. Plus this is the next best spot where I can hide the cable (stuffed it into a gap near the weather stripping). I see some people have it on the right side of the wheel but there is no way to hide the cable to my standards at least.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 mounting hardware 20201019_133617

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had mine there but found I had some nasty reflections at night on the glass (right by the driver side mirror) and it was too distracting no matter how dim I made the display.
I get ya. That's definitely the more annoying thing I've found from mounting the kTuner on that trim piece because it reflects exactly where the mirror is. When I first got it it definitely bugged me but I've since gotten used to it. Although that might be more because I don't drive that often at night now due to quarantine (got the kTuner mid-pandemic).

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I get ya. That's definitely the more annoying thing I've found from mounting the kTuner on that trim piece because it reflects exactly where the mirror is. When I first got it it definitely bugged me but I've since gotten used to it. Although that might be more because I don't drive that often at night now due to quarantine (got the kTuner mid-pandemic).
I took your basic idea and went a step further, after satisfied with mockup template, to provide close to OEM instrument elevation level and with horizontal off set and near vertical tilt. Then, combination use of bend/machine stainless mounting plate to provide taper/tilt and T6 adaptor mount to provide a more wrap around view, thereby eliminate glare. Combination then mount using 3M two side tape to under vent ledge:-
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 mounting hardware BA717CBD-6705-4FC3-9F51-717D3209CF8B
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 mounting hardware 7925BF16-CDC9-4A02-AB06-EB709A487811
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 mounting hardware 2C1F29A7-8F63-4E46-BBE5-008A9F77D363
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 mounting hardware C9889738-E2BD-4390-98DF-26F87D384585

Connecting cable route expose a few inches, then hidden thru gap wrapped around the left side of steering column. V2 mounted position only slightly block the bottom of vent vane, so it doesn't affect vent air, also having full access to traction and tire pressure reset buttons

In addition, for captivation, a small plastic hook is glued to fake OEM carbon dash trim piece(can use dental floss for removal), and a small loop of green nylon string attached to back of V2 bracket, in case 3M tape failed so as to prevent V2's drops to floor. Captivation is well hidden from casual view.

That sums up for my somewhat discreet mount.

Thanks for your initial idea!

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I took your basic idea and went a step further, after satisfied with mockup template, to provide close to OEM instrument elevation level and with horizontal off set and near vertical tilt. Then, combination use of bend/machine stainless mounting plate to provide taper/tilt and T6 adaptor mount to provide a more wrap around view, thereby eliminate glare. Combination then mount using 3M two side tape to under vent ledge:-
BA717CBD-6705-4FC3-9F51-717D3209CF8B.jpeg
7925BF16-CDC9-4A02-AB06-EB709A487811.jpeg
2C1F29A7-8F63-4E46-BBE5-008A9F77D363.jpeg
C9889738-E2BD-4390-98DF-26F87D384585.jpeg

Connecting cable route expose a few inches, then hidden thru gap wrapped around the left side of steering column. V2 mounted position only slightly block the bottom of vent vane, so it doesn't affect vent air, also having full access to traction and tire pressure reset buttons

In addition, for captivation, a small plastic hook is glued to fake OEM carbon dash trim piece(can use dental floss for removal), and a small loop of green nylon string attached to back of V2 bracket, in case 3M tape failed so as to prevent V2's drops to floor. Captivation is well hidden from casual view.

That sums up for my somewhat discreet mount.

Thanks for your initial idea!
This looks great bro! Looks much nicer than velcro'ing it down to the trim and I like that it's more flush with the cluster. Did you make the silver bracket and the black mount custom, or are these parts you can grab from somewhere? Kinda interested to try this cuz I still like that location for the tuner.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
After seeing yours, I made a mock up to establish and satisfy desire offset and tilt at that location. I mill out the silver adapter mount using T6 aluminum bar stock and painted black mount is out of .045" thick 304 stainless steel. I went overboard, even the two socket head screw is customized to be less visible, then, mirror polished to reflect black surrounding so as to look smaller and discreet, also, the two black painted washer are machined out of titanium to further help out the discreet look. LOL. But yet, I clear coated the aluminum adapter because it is virtually invisible except at an extreme angle from the passenger side. Also makes me warm and fuzzy, just knowing I didn't hide the machine mill finish. I am just funny like that. :thumbsup:
Sponsored