Ktuner v2 - Does anyone make a visor?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
This thing blows in direct sunlight and reflects like crazy on my windshield. Wondering if anyone makes a hood or a visor of any kind.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
This thing blows in direct sunlight and reflects like crazy on my windshield. Wondering if anyone makes a hood or a visor of any kind.
If they do, you might not want it. As it would really screw up the aerodynamics of the car. Be like pushing a wall of air.
I know what you mean though. The windshield is large, swept back , and let's too much light in.
I've always gone with a visor tint with my cars. I've had it done on 5 cars now, and it's fairly cheap.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2020-si-coupe-visor-tint-chrome-delete.45283/

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If they do, you might not want it. As it would really screw up the aerodynamics of the car. Be like pushing a wall of air.
I know what you mean though. The windshield is large, swept back , and let's too much light in.
I've always gone with a visor tint with my cars. I've had it done on 5 cars now, and it's fairly cheap.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2020-si-coupe-visor-tint-chrome-delete.45283/
Uh, one of us is misunderstanding OP, but I think he's asking if anyone makes a shield or cover for the Ktuner V2 display unit. Nothing about the car or its windshield.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Velcro along the top of the v2 and a piece of black plastic as a hood work fine ... but so does tilting the v2 forwards/downwards just a bit. I use the former for my oil pressure and oil temp gauges, tried a hood on my v2, but ended up just tilting it a bit.

I wish that the v2's backlighting tracked the dash lighting intensity, but I've gotten used to changing the backlight intensity from night to daylight blind, LoL.

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What about an anti-glare screen protector?

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
You might not appreciate the aesthetics... but GlareStomper is what I use on my motorcycle GPS. There might be a size on there that works for ya.

OP
OP
REBELXSi

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What about an anti-glare screen protector?
The screen is pretty matte already and the touch function is already bad as it is.

OP
OP
REBELXSi

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Velcro along the top of the v2 and a piece of black plastic as a hood work fine ... but so does tilting the v2 forwards/downwards just a bit. I use the former for my oil pressure and oil temp gauges, tried a hood on my v2, but ended up just tilting it a bit.

I wish that the v2's backlighting tracked the dash lighting intensity, but I've gotten used to changing the backlight intensity from night to daylight blind, LoL.
Yeah, it would be nice if the brightness could be set to auto.

OP
OP
REBELXSi

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Got any pics?

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Got any pics?
Here's an old pic before final installation. The view is from my eye level and the KTuner is set low enough to not obstruct forward view. It took me a while to realize that the steering wheel and factory gauge displays are actually offset towards the door - the KTuner is dead-straight forward from the seat. (The seat is also as low as it can go for helmet clearance. If I raise it up to a street driving position then I can see the full KTuner display.)

Note if I leave the unit at full brightness I will still see a super-annoying reflection at night, but I always turn the brightness down all the way at night. It hasn't bothered me enough to do anything about it :).

Just barely visible is the bit of plastic sheet that is the hood around the digital oil gauges.
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 - Does anyone make a visor? MVIMG_20190525_122006