Ktuner v2 able to show CVT Temp

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hello,

I was just wondering, I have seen people with their ktuner showing different temps and such, but what about CVT temps?

Thanks!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
how about now?
Like JR said, KTuner (and any ecu tuning device for that matter) only shows ecu parameters, not transmission related ones.

If you want to keep temps down, get a CVT cooler.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What does that have to do with the KTuner V2?
alternative since he was asking abt cvt temp & we know the answer is not available & it has nothing to do with cvt cooler as you suggested but i'd assume it's an alternative too just like my post.
btw over here near to the equator for hot climate after cvt cooler installation temps drops about 10 deg C & cools down much faster than none obviously.
temps above 125 or 140 deg C some limitations starts to kick in the car will underperform till temps comes back down. just sharing from previous experience on a cvt & feedback from others locally.

Last edited:

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
alternative since he was asking abt cvt temp & we know the answer is not available & it has nothing to do with cvt cooler as you suggested but i'd assume it's an alternative too just like my post.
btw over here near to the equator for hot climate after cvt cooler installation temps drops about 10 deg C & cools down much faster than none obviously.
temps above 125 or 140 deg C some limitations starts to kick in the car will underperform till temps comes back down. just sharing from previous experience on a cvt & feedback from others locally.
How much for your CVT cooler shipped to the states?

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How much for your CVT cooler shipped to the states?
Just shipped 1 set out with KTuver V1.2 locally & the other set is bound for USA but unfortunately we are on a full lockdown here in my country so some delays are expected until AFTER the 14th of June.

I will need shipping address for a more accurate quote for sure.

CVT cooler with the adapter kit priced at USD 245.

Do visit my FB page for more info & pics or details, just keep on browsing.
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 able to show CVT Temp 1622874520292

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 able to show CVT Temp 1622874501660

Reactions: Myx

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
N
Just shipped 1 set out with KTuver V1.2 locally & the other set is bound for USA but unfortunately we are on a full lockdown here in my country so some delays are expected until AFTER the 14th of June.

I will need shipping address for a more accurate quote for sure.

CVT cooler with the adapter kit priced at USD 245.

Do visit my FB page for more info & pics or details, just keep on browsing.
1622874520292.png

1622874501660.png
Not bad, where does it mount? Also, would the cooler have negative affects during the winter time or colder weather?

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
N

Not bad, where does it mount? Also, would the cooler have negative affects during the winter time or colder weather?
I'm afraid i would not be able to answer about colder or how much colder especially at certain regions where it snows & temps can drop drastically as we do not have such climates here but afaik the job of the original CVTF warmer is to quickly bring the cvt fluid up to temp quickly approx 80 deg C (* i can't recall the figure exactly but it should be around that range) where it is supposed to be most efficient temp range for it to work at & probably to help to warm fluid up during cold winters.

IMO for colder climates as long as the cold ambient temps does not reach to the freezing point of CVT fluid it should be ok but obviously it will take a much longer time to reach optimal operating temps.

What i can share from past experience the CVT temps can easily go up pretty high especially on a spirited drive on mountain roads as high as 125 deg C some have even reached up to 140 Deg C with an ambient of approx 15-25 Deg C.
On normal city driving it averages around 90 deg C ish with an average ambient of 30- 35 deg C but with cooler it does bring it down just below 90 or 80+ deg C & more if there's more airflow over it.
Same goes to long highway high speed cruise over 2 hrs the temps can reach up to over 12x deg C or more without cooler & many have noticed some sort of reduction in power but with the cooler they can sustain the usual power & reported temps have dropped approx. 10 deg C on a long highway cruise such as traveling cross country without any power loss.

Here's some data about ravenol CVT HCF-2 fluid :

https://www.ravenol.de/en/product-r...atic-transmissions-1/ravenol-cvt-hcf-2-fluid/

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/sds/08200-hcf2sds.pdf

https://www.redlineoil.com/non-slip-cvt - i have some customers using this too.

I hope the info helped although it's a little out of topic as per the title.
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 able to show CVT Temp 1622883422500
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 able to show CVT Temp 1622883549986
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 able to show CVT Temp 1622883564907
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 able to show CVT Temp 1622883578015
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 able to show CVT Temp 1622883476962
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v2 able to show CVT Temp 1622883491082