Ags10thsi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ civic si
Country flag
Hey so I’m new to the forum but I’ve been running into the ktuner issue and can’t seem to crack it. I’ve watched every tutorial, tried everything i could, uninstalled, reinstalled you name it I’ve done it. I’ve reached out to ktuner and they couldn’t provide me with any help either. So please if there’s anything anyone knows or any tricks to solve this issue please let me know!

So I have a 19’ civic si and I’m running ktuner v1.2. I did Honda hack on the head unit. Downloaded tunerview lite so I can see all my gauges etc etc. But the issue every single time is when I open tunerview on the head unit and click connect, then scan devices. The ktuner itself DOES NOT pop up to connect. I had my laptop hooked up to the car disabled the BT advanced whatever it is. Rebooted the head unit everything. No matter what when I try to connect the ktuner to the head unit it will not pop up. Is there anyway I can connect it manually or does my ktuner device itself not have Bluetooth at all? I’ve even tried it using the flash drive and when plugging in the flash drive to the USB port NOTHING shows up. But Apple car play works. How does Apple car play work but a flash drive in the same USB port it doesn’t ?. If anyone knows how to trouble shoot or some how get this thing to connect to my head unit please help!
Sponsored

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
Hey so I’m new to the forum but I’ve been running into the ktuner issue and can’t seem to crack it. I’ve watched every tutorial, tried everything i could, uninstalled, reinstalled you name it I’ve done it. I’ve reached out to ktuner and they couldn’t provide me with any help either. So please if there’s anything anyone knows or any tricks to solve this issue please let me know!

So I have a 19’ civic si and I’m running ktuner v1.2. I did Honda hack on the head unit. Downloaded tunerview lite so I can see all my gauges etc etc. But the issue every single time is when I open tunerview on the head unit and click connect, then scan devices. The ktuner itself DOES NOT pop up to connect. I had my laptop hooked up to the car disabled the BT advanced whatever it is. Rebooted the head unit everything. No matter what when I try to connect the ktuner to the head unit it will not pop up. Is there anyway I can connect it manually or does my ktuner device itself not have Bluetooth at all? I’ve even tried it using the flash drive and when plugging in the flash drive to the USB port NOTHING shows up. But Apple car play works. How does Apple car play work but a flash drive in the same USB port it doesn’t ?. If anyone knows how to trouble shoot or some how get this thing to connect to my head unit please help!
Please follow these steps. You have to Enable BT PIN Advanced and not disable it. Also, you have to reboot the KTuner unit not the headunit. The app only works through Bluetooth it will not work over USB.

2018-19 Models

◦ For V1.2 once updated and connected again you'll need to select Enable BT PIN Advanced In the Special V1.2 Commands under Tools menu.
After it completes reset power to the unit by unplugging both USB and OBD sides.
◦ Plug it back into the OBD side only and key on to full key on or start the vehicle.
◦ On your head unit run the TunerView Lite app, go to connect in the TunerView menu, and choose search to show BT devices. Choose the KTuner unit on the right. If all is well it should connect!

OP
OP
Ags10thsi

Ags10thsi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ civic si
Country flag
Please follow these steps. You have to Enable BT PIN Advanced and not disable it. Also, you have to reboot the KTuner unit not the headunit. The app only works through Bluetooth it will not work over USB.

2018-19 Models

◦ For V1.2 once updated and connected again you'll need to select Enable BT PIN Advanced In the Special V1.2 Commands under Tools menu.
After it completes reset power to the unit by unplugging both USB and OBD sides.
◦ Plug it back into the OBD side only and key on to full key on or start the vehicle.
◦ On your head unit run the TunerView Lite app, go to connect in the TunerView menu, and choose search to show BT devices. Choose the KTuner unit on the right. If all is well it should connect!

OP
OP
Ags10thsi

Ags10thsi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ civic si
Country flag
I’ve done exactly those steps. And I’ve done exactly those steps multiple times before this post, every time it still says. Bluetooth not found. When I “enable” bt pin advanced how do I now it’s done, nothing happens on the screen. I click it then click yes and that’s it. Then I go head and unplug everything then plug the ktuner back into the car. Start it fully, go into tunerview lite, scan for devices and get Bluetooth not found. I’ve tried maybe a total of 50 times. Nothing seems to work.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner v1.2 will not connect via Bluetooth image

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve done exactly those steps. And I’ve done exactly those steps multiple times before this post, every time it still says. Bluetooth not found. When I “enable” bt pin advanced how do I now it’s done, nothing happens on the screen. I click it then click yes and that’s it. Then I go head and unplug everything then plug the ktuner back into the car. Start it fully, go into tunerview lite, scan for devices and get Bluetooth not found. I’ve tried maybe a total of 50 times. Nothing seems to work.

image.jpg
Try it with a phone. If the phone don't see it too maybe you have an issue with the Bluetooth in the KTuner unit. You can contact KTuner and send your unit them to test it.

SanksterG

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just followed this and it worked for me too. Thanks!!

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag

image.jpg
Try clearing your data using Honda Hack uninstall, it worked for me!

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

2018-19 Models

☝? This worked for me. Near-instant connect. TY!

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
if too many paired BT devices at HU may cause some issues too, try deleting some paired devices at HU if many devices were connected before.

OP
OP
Ags10thsi

Ags10thsi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ civic si
Country flag
So now this is over a year later and STILL having the same issue. Now I’ve tried to connect using a Android tablet and nothing shows up. I’ve spent to much money for my s*** not to work and it’s ridiculous. Crazy how NO one else out there has run into this same issue everyone I see it connects just fine for them. I’ve done every single step possible I just want to know what’s the deal

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So now this is over a year later and STILL having the same issue. Now I’ve tried to connect using a Android tablet and nothing shows up. I’ve spent to much money for my s*** not to work and it’s ridiculous. Crazy how NO one else out there has run into this same issue everyone I see it connects just fine for them. I’ve done every single step possible I just want to know what’s the deal
Did you ever contacted KTuner via email to send in your KTuner unit for testing it?

OP
OP
Ags10thsi

Ags10thsi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ civic si
Country flag
Yes I did I have to send it to them. But it’s crazy to me how no one else has this issue of all the Ktuner devices that have been sold.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes I did I have to send it to them. But it’s crazy to me how no one else has this issue of all the Ktuner devices that have been sold.
There was a few rare cases where the issue was the BT module in the KTuner unit. They sent it in and the unit was fixed by KTuner. I told you on Mar 30, 2021 to contact them and send it in for testing.

OP
OP
Ags10thsi

Ags10thsi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ civic si
Country flag
Yes I know. I just gave up on trying. Until now I tried with a tablet and it still doesn’t work so it HAS to be the unit.
Sponsored