Ktuner V1.2, V2.0, TunerView and Torque Pro.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner V1.2, V2.0, TunerView and Torque Pro. upload_2019-8-29_14-20-49
Sponsored

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
I compared the two and the Display on the V2 shift lights respond quicker than that on tunerview. Also you can't store tunes on the stock headunit. Probably used your phone or an android tablet for that then since tunerview is different on those.
Response will be quicker on the V2 since it has direct connection to the ECU.
You are storing the tunes on the V1.2 not on the headunit or the phone. And you can flash the tune with the headunit version too.

Homer2556

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Touring sedan (mine), '12 Ody Touring Elite (the wife's)
Country flag
If an iOS app is ever developed that provides the same interface as Tunerview, I'd probably be more willing to bite the bullet. I'm not ready to try Honda Hack or buy a cheap Android tablet just to monitor settings.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If an iOS app is ever developed that provides the same interface as Tunerview, I'd probably be more willing to bite the bullet. I'm not ready to try Honda Hack or buy a cheap Android tablet just to monitor settings.
Honda Hack is literally the easiest thing you could ever do lol

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
If Apple is ever open up bluetooth connectivity....

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If Apple is ever open up bluetooth connectivity....
What I am curious to know is how hondata is able to connect using their ios app via bluetooth?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
They either signed up for the MFi program, which requires a proprietary Apple chip to be used on every unit, or use BLE. For the amount of data we transfer BLE just doesn't cut it, so none of our modules are BLE. Apple could easily allow standard Bluetooth access, but they're more interested in charging for their MFi chips and bringing in more revenue.

sacklzement

First Name
Matthias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T CVT
Country flag
No. It doesn't stay on when car is off.
Is that always the case?

I'm asking because when I parked my car the other day, the battery had 12.5 volt. On the next morning the battery had drained to 12.0 volt. Just looked to me like KTuner drained the battery, but I'm not sure about that.

sacklzement

First Name
Matthias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T CVT
Country flag
Thank you. I observed the same thing today. The battery was at only 11.9 volt and the day before it had 12.5 volt. One thing I forgot to mention is that I enabled Bluetooth Pin Advanced on my KTuner, so I thought it could have to do something with that. :)

I never had that much of a drain, even though my car sometimes sits parked for a week or more. But you're right maybe my battery starts to go weak. It's now 3.5 years old and had already done tons of cold starts and short trips.

sacklzement

First Name
Matthias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T CVT
Country flag
I just wanted to clear that up:
the KTuner module was absolutely not draining my battery, that was a wrong assumption.

I had it unplugged yesterday and the battery voltage still went down from 12.5 volt to 12.0 overnight.

Can anyone here tell if the battery voltage looks normal on this datalog or is that a sign of a weak battery?

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner V1.2, V2.0, TunerView and Torque Pro. KTuner 1_2 Tunerview Log Datalog Battery Volt Voltage Speed RPM Graph

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
While the vehicle is running the alternator is aiding in power production, so you can't gauge a failing battery by it. That's why if you jump start a vehicle you'll be able to make it to a store to get a new battery.

The fact that it's draining overnight either means you have a parasitic draw you're unaware of or the battery is on the way out.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just to add an important side note regard flashing tunes and the battery.

Flashing tunes is pretty battery intensive. To combat that, I recommend using a battery tender while uploading a tune to help prevent a recovery mode situation if the battery was to fail during the flash.