Ktuner V1.2, V2.0, TunerView and Torque Pro.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got my 2018 Civic Si and am looking to buy a Ktuner V1.2 or V2. I am trying to decide which to get. I have several questions that impact which one would be best for me. I guess V1.2 together with TunerView would be a close approximation to the capabilities of V2.0. The question in my mind is how close.

1. I think I would want to monitor K.control and turbo PSI. Would TunerView or Torque Pro monitor K.control?
2. Which is best for monitoring the boost pressure? Dashboard, V2, TunerView or Torque Pro.
3. Will Torque Pro work off of the bluetooth on V1.2 and V2, or do I need to get the OBD2 dongle?
4. Are there any other things that would be good for me to monitor?

I will leave aside for now my questions on downpipes. He He
Sponsored

Last edited:

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Watching K.Control will give you a good idea of how the ECU is handling things. People used to monitor things like AFR/lambda, exhaust gas temps, oil temp & pressure, fuel pressure, and intake air temp on turbo vehicles. These things have sorta gone out of fashion to monitor individually with gauges with the advent of multi-view displays like the V2 or via apps like you mentioned. It can be overwhelming to someone new to these things to watch so much data while driving hard, so I recommend keeping it simple and just watch K.Control.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I just got my 2018 Civic Si and am looking to buy a Ktuner V1.2 or V2. I am trying to decide which to get. I have several questions that impact which one would be best for me. I guess V1.2 together with TunerView would be a close approximation to the capabilities of V2.0. The question in my mind is how close.

1. I think I would want to monitor K.control and turbo PSI. Would TunerView or Torque Pro monitor K.control?
2. Which is best for monitoring the boost pressure? Dashboard, V2, TunerView or Torque Pro.
3. Will Torque Pro work off of the bluetooth on V1.2 and V2, or do I need to get the OBD2 dongle?
4. Are there any other things that would be good for me to monitor?

I will leave aside for now my questions on downpipes. He He

V2 and TunerView App can monitor knock control and manifold pressure, as well as many other things. The advantage of the V2 is not having to pull out your phone and connect each time.

Torque won't currently work with our unit and wouldn't show the extended options, only standard OBD2 data.

OP
OP
10GenPearlSi

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
V2 and TunerView App can monitor knock control and manifold pressure, as well as many other things. The advantage of the V2 is not having to pull out your phone and connect each time.

Torque won't currently work with our unit and wouldn't show the extended options, only standard OBD2 data.
I ordered the OBD2 dongle and will check out Torque and TunerView Apps with it. That should give me enough info if I am willing to put up with the hassle of using TunerView as my main control over Ktuner 1.2 or if I want to upgrade to 2.0. Ktuner/Vit expect an another order soon! LOL

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I ordered the OBD2 dongle and will check out Torque and TunerView Apps with it. That should give me enough info if I am willing to put up with the hassle of using TunerView as my main control over Ktuner 1.2 or if I want to upgrade to 2.0. Ktuner/Vit expect an another order soon! LOL
That won't be a very good test to go by. With an ELM327 device there's no extra features, only a few main parameters to watch, and data speed with an ELM327 device is much slower.

OP
OP
10GenPearlSi

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That won't be a very good test to go by. With an ELM327 device there's no extra features, only a few main parameters to watch, and data speed with an ELM327 device is much slower.
Thanks, another great on point comment. I will keep that in mind and make allowances for the lower performance. What I am looking for with this testing is the hassle factor. What it is like to log on with TunerView and operate it each time I want to use it. Although, I expect I would normally run my car without either ktuner connected. Just using displays when I change, test or modify tunes. Of course, I am just guessing though.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently just leave my ktuner v1.2 plugged in the OBDII, no wires, no care. When I want to view info, open up TunerView app and that's it.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks, another great on point comment. I will keep that in mind and make allowances for the lower performance. What I am looking for with this testing is the hassle factor. What it is like to log on with TunerView and operate it each time I want to use it. Although, I expect I would normally run my car without either ktuner connected. Just using displays when I change, test or modify tunes. Of course, I am just guessing though.
Gotcha. Once you're all setup and get connected for the first time you can check the auto-connect box, which then attempts to connect to the last connected device when you launch the app. So if you do leave the dongle connected all the time really all you need to do is launch the app to get going. :)

OP
OP
10GenPearlSi

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotcha. Once you're all setup and get connected for the first time you can check the auto-connect box, which then attempts to connect to the last connected device when you launch the app. So if you do leave the dongle connected all the time really all you need to do is launch the app to get going. :)
Wow! How kewl!

EDIT: Since I haven't gotten my OBDII dongle yet and all my questions were answered, I ordered a V1.2 from Vit. That seems to be the one that fits my plans best. Now comes the wait!.....

Last edited:

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
I keep an old Android tablet in my car that just automatically connects and turns on via rooted software.
You can get such tablets with Bluetooth capabilities for ~$100 and a $20 magnetic mount from car toys. Works wonderfully. If you have questions about what I'm running PM me.

OP
OP
10GenPearlSi

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I keep an old Android tablet in my car that just automatically connects and turns on via rooted software.
You can get such tablets with Bluetooth capabilities for ~$100 and a $20 magnetic mount from car toys. Works wonderfully. If you have questions about what I'm running PM me.
Sounds like a very kewl setup. I see another guy did something similar to use a tablet with the android app Torque Pro. It looked fantastic. I can only imagine how nice it would be with TunerView!

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
Sounds like a very kewl setup. I see another guy did something similar to use a tablet with the android app Torque Pro. It looked fantastic. I can only imagine how nice it would be with TunerView!
I used to use torque with my mdx. It's a neat app, but doesnt do anything other than monitor.

It's an awesome setup, it allows you to flash saved tunes just like the v2 but for much cheaper

OP
OP
10GenPearlSi

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is my current setup

IMG_20180123_211219.jpg
Just purchased an Amazon Fire 7in and tried to download the TunerView App but states that it is not compatible. In the Amazon Appstore, it is not available so I had to go directly to the Google Play store which states “no eligible devices for app install.”
Is the tablet worthless at this point?
@KTuner
Sponsored