Status
Not open for further replies.

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
If you don't need the real-tuime display of the V2 unit, the V1.2 with the TunerView Android app solves the issue of needing to flash without a laptop present. It'd be your choice not to take advantage of that tech, in which case a laptop is required.
Just to confirm, you can lock the V1.2 to the car even without a laptop, correct? So if you have a Windows desktop, Android phone, and KTuner V1.2 you'll be good to go?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just to confirm, you can lock the V1.2 to the car even without a laptop, correct? So if you have a Windows desktop, Android phone, and KTuner V1.2 you'll be good to go?
No that's not correct. At this time, the V1.2 still needs a laptop to lock and unlock. I also have the same setup as you... desktop, Android phone as well as the Tunerview app but V1.2 is a no go for me.

Ktuner is trying to find a solution though. I may wind up going with the V2 or carb Flashpro instead.

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No that's not correct. At this time, the V1.2 still needs a laptop to lock and unlock. I also have the same setup as you... desktop, Android phone as well as the Tunerview app but V1.2 is a no go for me.

Ktuner is trying to find a solution though. I may wind up going with the V2 or carb Flashpro instead.
Okay, thanks, I wasn't sure on that. If I used an old Windows laptop for the initial ECU lock, could I then run the KTuner software on my main desktop? Or would the KTuner license only work on that laptop?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay, thanks, I wasn't sure on that. If I used an old Windows laptop for the initial ECU lock, could I then run the KTuner software on my main desktop? Or would the KTuner license only work on that laptop?
nope, you could load it on the old laptop, then download the software on the desktop and be fine. I have ktuner software on 2 computers no issues.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know its an expense but you can get a windows based laptop for 200 or less... specially if you get a used one. I dont see the big deal here. :shrug:

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know its an expense but you can get a windows based laptop for 200 or less... specially if you get a used one. I dont see the big deal here. :shrug:
I have one...I just wanted to avoid bringing it out of the closet every time there's a KTuner update.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have one...I just wanted to avoid bringing it out of the closet every time there's a KTuner update.
So use the laptop once to lock the ktuner then use the desktop to do tunes and updates. You wont need the laptop after initial setup

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
So use the laptop once to lock the ktuner then use the desktop to do tunes and updates. You wont need the laptop after initial setup
So the V1.2 unit can be powered and read while just being connected to the USB cable?

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but if it was possible to run TunerView in Android Auto it would be absolutely fantastic!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Locking and unlocking from TunerView would make the V1.2 perfect for a lot of people, myself included.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Locking and unlocking from TunerView would make the V1.2 perfect for a lot of people, myself included.
Locking by key on and TPS presses is looking more likely. :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.