Not open for further replies.

RamrodSi

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe
Ok - I was just going off of the default screen that shows up in the program as it is currently setup. I'll look for that next time. Will there be engine sounds or actions that indicate that something is wrong with a tune? Or is this something that's imperceptible?
I think I recall Vit saying knock is hard to guage in these motors. As long as you stay with the base tunes/Vit Stage 1 you'll be ok. They are still pretty conservative.
Sponsored

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
You did not check it out very well.
Oh really? The V1.2 is listed separately and makes no mention of a vit tune being included. This is a screen shot of the V1.2 description, show me where I missed the part about the Vit tune. The website must be wrong because the only one that includes the Vit tune is V1, or V2.

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner V1.2 Released! Screenshot_20180114-052841

tapakidney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Oh really? The V1.2 is listed separately and makes no mention of a vit tune being included. This is a screen shot of the V1.2 description, show me where I missed the part about the Vit tune. The website must be wrong because the only one that includes the Vit tune is V1, or V2.

Screenshot_20180114-052841.png
All new sales of the V1 are a 1.2. I had the same concern and confirmed it before placing my order.

https://vittuned.com/ktuner-flash-civic-si-combo-stage-1.html

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Thank you. So they're both the same? Its confusing becaus it' listed twice., one with, one without.

Last edited:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thank you. So they're both the same? Its confusing becaus it' listed twice., one with, one without.
Of course. One option is listed as a Stage 1 combo for the CivicX Si specifically. The other one with just the unit is for everything else (Non-Si etc).

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Of course. One option is listed as a Stage 1 combo for the CivicX Si specifically. The other one with just the unit is for everything else (Non-Si etc).
Great, thanks again.

SI Willy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 black Civic SI coupe, 1996 black Civic ex coupe, 1994 Toyota pickup
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm ready to pull the trigger on the v1.2 from vittuned but have a question about the tuner view app. Can I use a dedicated android phone with no cellular connection?

RamrodSi

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm ready to pull the trigger on the v1.2 from vittuned but have a question about the tuner view app. Can I use a dedicated android phone with no cellular connection?
Yes, the app requires no data except to update, which is quite frequent.

SI Willy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 black Civic SI coupe, 1996 black Civic ex coupe, 1994 Toyota pickup
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

tapakidney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Another noobish question - I can't seem to find a straightforward answer. What is the theoretical risk of running a higher than stock PSI? Reducing the life of just the turbocharger? Or reducing the life of the entire engine? Or something else?

RamrodSi

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another noobish question - I can't seem to find a straightforward answer. What is the theoretical risk of running a higher than stock PSI? Reducing the life of just the turbocharger? Or reducing the life of the entire engine? Or something else?
I think it's too early to tell if there will be any long term effects. But I honestly think even with higher boost pressures, these little motors are more efficient than stock tunes.

tapakidney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think it's too early to tell if there will be any long term effects. But I honestly think even with higher boost pressures, these little motors are more efficient than stock tunes.
Even if it's too early to tell definitively on this particular engine, isn't there info to be gained from looking at the results of previously overboosted turbos? Just trying to figure out what my worst case scenario is for messing around with this stuff.

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Even if it's too early to tell definitively on this particular engine, isn't there info to be gained from looking at the results of previously overboosted turbos? Just trying to figure out what my worst case scenario is for messing around with this stuff.
Well, actually, "worst-case scenario" literally is a blown engine. If you are not comfortable in a vehicle with a modified powertrain, then don't do it. However, Many people on many factory- turbo vehicles run more boost, advanced timing, and generally more power on fairly original engines. If you want the best of both world, a more powerful car and peace-of-mind for reliability, then you'll need to have experienced professionals help you. That's not meant to sound demeaning, just very matter-of-fact. Don't do an off-the-shelf "starter tune" - get someone like Vit to run a custom tune and tell him your concerns. You'll be taken care of.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.