Status
Not open for further replies.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner V1.2 Released! ktunerv12

KTuner is starting the new year with a bang! They have released their latest V1 flash based tuner for all supported vehicles. This new unit is still $449 and includes a host of new features -- including on-board datalogging and up to 5 tune storage.

https://vittuned.com/ktunerflash-flash-based-hardware.html

This V1 unit is now shipping for all customers who purchased one from us as early as late December. It is also shipping with all our CivicX combos -- Stage 1, Stage 2, and so on.

https://vittuned.com/ktuner-flash-civic-si-combo-stage-1.html

As always, you can always opt for the nicer touch screen V2 unit as well!
Sponsored

egodriver07

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ktunerv12.jpg

KTuner is starting the new year with a bang! They have released their latest V1 flash based tuner for all supported vehicles. This new unit is still $449 and includes a host of new features -- including on-board datalogging and up to 5 tune storage.

This V1 unit is now shipping for all customers who purchased one from us as early as late December. It is also shipping with all our CivicX combos -- Stage 1, Stage 2, and so on.

Just ordered mine, can't wait! :headbang::spaz::drive:

tapakidney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
ktunerv12.jpg

Does this mean the advantage of the V2 is now mostly just the touchscreen (which is sweet, but I need to save money...)

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Does this mean the advantage of the V2 is now mostly just the touchscreen (which is sweet, but I need to save money...)
Touch screen, programmable LED's, etc.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Plus, you still need a laptop to upload a tune with V1.2 right?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Plus, you still need a laptop to upload a tune with V1.2 right?
You’ll still need the laptop, but once you got your tunes loaded, you won’t need to use it like before, which is a big plus for people not wanting to go with the V2.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It would be awesome if Ktuner offered a version for people like me that only have a desktop and don't really need a touchscreen. I have to admit I like the simplicity of pressing a button and uploading a tune like Flashpro. The problem for me is that I feel like Ktuner offers a far better choice of base tunes.

If Ktuner comes out with a solution like that, and sells it for about $479-$499, I'm in and I bet a lot of others would be to.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
It would be awesome if Ktuner offered a version for people like me that only have a desktop and don't really need a touchscreen. I have to admit I like the simplicity of pressing a button and uploading a tune like Flashpro. The problem for me is that I feel like Ktuner offers a far better choice of base tunes.

If Ktuner comes out with a solution like that, and sells it for about $479-$499, I'm in and I bet a lot of others would be to.
If you don't need the real-tuime display of the V2 unit, the V1.2 with the TunerView Android app solves the issue of needing to flash without a laptop present. It'd be your choice not to take advantage of that tech, in which case a laptop is required.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't need the real-tuime display of the V2 unit, the V1.2 with the TunerView Android app solves the issue of needing to flash without a laptop present. It'd be your choice not to take advantage of that tech, in which case a laptop is required.
That's interesting.

Ok I have an Android phone. So if I get the tunerview app and buy a V1.2, how would I then flash my ECU with it?

One other question about the base tunes. I want to be fairly conservative with tuning. So I'd probably just start with Stage 1 on 91 octane. Would that give me a noticeable improvement in day to day city/highway driveability? I only go full throttle on occasion.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's interesting.

Ok I have an Android phone. So if I get the tunerview app and buy a V1.2, how would I then flash my ECU with it?

One other question about the base tunes. I want to be fairly conservative with tuning. So I'd probably just start with Stage 1 on 91 octane. Would that give me a noticeable improvement in day to day city/highway driveability? I only go full throttle on occasion.
If you only made adjustments to the quick adjustments and left the power stock or slight psi increase, the car will drive tons better. The responsiveness of the throttle and turbo is improved greatly.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
That's interesting.

You download our TunerView Android app and buy the KTuner protocols for $4.99. You can then use the phone as a real-time display with multiple layouts if you want to check up on any specific sensors/temperatures etc and flash tunes you've uploaded to the 1.2 with your desktop/laptop directly from the KTuner Menu of the Android app. It shows you flash status during the flash, prompts you to key off/on at the end, even allows you to recover if you make a mistake and shut down or unplug etc. It's absolutely fantastic.

Stage 1/Starter 18 alone will improve overall drivability and driver experience. Couple Starter 18 with some of the quick adjustments and tailor drivability to your liking. It's really amazing the difference in feel and drivability all of these settings can make. Stay as conservative as you want with it.

ferdinand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2019 BMW X2 M35i
Country flag
That's interesting.

So I'd probably just start with Stage 1 on 91 octane. Would that give me a noticeable improvement in day to day city/highway driveability? I only go full throttle on occasion.
Yes...hell to the yes, and you might be going full throttle just a bit more often, just because..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.