Stock_Fc2

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0
Country flag
Hey guys, I just picked up a 2020 Honda Civic sport 2.0 with literally like 4 miles on it. Anyways it’s a cvt and the NA motor, simply the 158hp isn’t cutting it for me. I don’t want to run Honda hack on my head unit as I’ve heard it slows the whole thing down. Isn’t it possible to run the Honda hack on a cheap Samsung or android off of Amazon? Also anything I should know pertaining to the tune? Isn’t there only 1 base map tune or something like that available? Thanks guys
Sponsored

heresick

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatch MT
Country flag
Hey guys, I just picked up a 2020 Honda Civic sport 2.0 with literally like 4 miles on it. Anyways it’s a cvt and the NA motor, simply the 158hp isn’t cutting it for me. I don’t want to run Honda hack on my head unit as I’ve heard it slows the whole thing down. Isn’t it possible to run the Honda hack on a cheap Samsung or android off of Amazon? Also anything I should know pertaining to the tune? Isn’t there only 1 base map tune or something like that available? Thanks guys
Can’t speak to the basemap, but you can download the app “tuner view” and connect it via Bluetooth to your Ktuner 1.2

I managed to get an older model Android from a buddy that it worked just fine on. From there you can get creative with mounts etc.

I’ve since not needed to use it since selling the car however.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Stock_Fc2

Stock_Fc2

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0
Country flag
Can’t speak to the basemap, but you can download the app “tuner view” and connect it via Bluetooth to your Ktuner 1.2

I managed to get an older model Android from a buddy that it worked just fine on. From there you can get creative with mounts etc.

I’ve since not needed to use it since selling the car however.

Good luck!
Sounds good! Thank you so much

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
I also have NA 2.0 Civic Sport and the kTuner v1.2 was totally worth the investment for me.. ? it makes the machine a completely different experience and now couldn't imagine NOT having it for my Daily Driver, you won't be too disappointed even tho it only has 1 tune. It really makes a difference, like night & day. Totally pissed off a lady in a Chevy Spark when I passed her going up an interstate on ramp (2-lane merging into 1) since she Str8 up dangerously cut me off getting to it. ? She tried so hard to stay ahead of me and I said "...bye!!" The look on her face was like ? 1000 knives, if looks could kill.. ?

OP
OP
Stock_Fc2

Stock_Fc2

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0
Country flag
Wow man! Sounds like I need to grab me one of these asap. Would you recommend getting an exhaust system and a cai before the tune or just get the tune itself?
I also have NA 2.0 Civic Sport and the kTuner v1.2 was totally worth the investment for me.. ? it makes the machine a completely different experience and now couldn't imagine NOT having it for my Daily Driver, you won't be too disappointed even tho it only has 1 tune. It really makes a difference, like night & day. Totally pissed off a lady in a Chevy Spark when I passed her going up an interstate on ramp (2-lane merging into 1) since she Str8 up dangerously cut me off getting to it. ? She tried so hard to stay ahead of me and I said "...bye!!" The look on her face was like ? 1000 knives, if looks could kill.. ?
[/QUOTE

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Wow man! Sounds like I need to grab me one of these asap. Would you recommend getting an exhaust system and a cai before the tune or just get the tune itself?
Tbh.. I have no real mods to my ride besides spoilers, mudflaps, and kTuner v1.2.. and it still acts like a different machine. If you want those extras ya mentioned, do your custom tune after your add-ons since the Base Tune 1 for our 2.0's is pretty decent to begin with

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
i can say the improvement with the ktunner is noticeable but in regards to mods depend on your taste i have on my car so far, suspensions mods "springs and RSB", downpipe, ktunner, drop in filter K&N, those mods are the best bang for your bucks.

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L CVT
Country flag
Also have 2.0l cvt sedan but 2016 ex so no paddle shifters. I got an rv6 catted downpipe used on fb marketplace for $250 and ktuner v1.2 for $350. Honestly, both of these together work great. Gains are noticeable. Also have drop in k&n filter. I dont think it does anything lol maybe some sound idk.

I heard these are basically the only 2 things you can safely do to this engine at the moment that actually adds power. With ktuner throttle response 2 paired with catted downpipe i feel low end power improved and with vtec engangement at 5300 its really nice for high end power where most of the gains are at with these mods. Worth it? Well yeah. Especially if you buy used. You’re not gonna get gains anywhere else rn i dont think. So im basically done with my car now lol wanna do more but thats really it right now.

also i have honda hack and honestly it doesnt feel too slow for me. Or i just dont notice enough to care? its cool cause i can run youtube and netflix and change my startup video lol you need mobile hotspot or internet though

btw I also hear ktuner will update Vtec engagement and make it adjustable in the future so im just waiting for that now lol
Sponsored