Ktuner V1.2 ? '19 Si

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
Ktuner V1.2 ? '19 Si

I was about to pull the trigger on the V2, but reading a little more I'm wondering if the V1.2 fits my needs better. I'd prefer not to have the tuner mounted on my dash anywhere. I've read with the V1.2 you need to d/l a hack to then upload to the car to have the display. I'm using an iphone.

Is the V1.2 just out dated, or will it do what I need it to do , upload a tune? I didn't find much on YT V1.2 vs V2.0.

KTuner Flash V1.2
Sponsored

Curt Chill

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Well if you just uploading a tune 1.2 is fine main perk of V2 is seeing the data and being able to swap tunes on the fly.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Well if you just uploading a tune 1.2 is fine main perk of V2 is seeing the data and being able to swap tunes on the fly.
You can swap maps otf with a v1.2 ...

Curt Chill

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Maps yeah but tunes got have a pc

KensBlueGenX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 1.5l MT HB Sport
Country flag
With a V1.2 You need to have a PC/laptop to do the initial setup, and load what Tunes (KTuner's own, an aftermarket one, one created custom, etc.) you want to be using (up to five) to the V1.2 ODB interface.

However after that you can monitor most everything, switch between tunes, flash your ECU, etc. from you car's display unit that has HondaHack installed. Hondahack lets you then install on it KTuner's TunerView Lite application.

All that being said, I have found their PC/laptop app to be, how shall I say, 'less than intuitive' (to be charitable) and their support of it to be weak at best. They mostly respond to questions/issues about it by saying, '...go read the Online Help'.

So from that perspective a V2 unit might be a better choice.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I got the V2 because of the convenience. I don't have a laptop and I like how the device can monitor things and check for codes. It's a handy tool. I like to monitor stats and have it not take up screen space from the infotainment as that can be laggy as well. I have mine hidden discreetly in the center console cubby. Not out in the open for pple to get any weird ideas of stealing it. My windows are so damn dark anyway. They can't see inside.

Yea, the Ktuner app is laggy AF and I feel like I'm balancing an egg with a spoon walking of thin ice making sure I don't click something wrong. *lol* It needs an update because sometimes IDK if I did what I'm suppose to do correctly.

The only con i see is that you'll have to find a way to snake around the odb wire that connects to the ktuner v2 device and hide it. I did under the steering wheel plastic trim piece and behind the center console. It mostly hidden.
Sponsored

Last edited: