KTuner Updates: Si Advanced VSA, 18 MY Map Switching, And More!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An Accord 2.0T hit the track already and dropped his 60' time. I'm sure more data will be available with this being out for Sis as well. Non-Si will be released once thoroughly tested, including CVT testing.
Thank you for your response. Looking forward to terrorizing some Type Rs and Si's on street tires. I will be glued to this thread. Thanks!
Sponsored

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
The best feature of the advanced vsa is the 1st to 2nd shift! No more power drop on a quick shift that breaks the tires loose. Boost stays up vs being cut and having to recover. I haven’t tried a launch yet. I have mine on the minimum setting and it makes an amazing difference.

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
An Accord 2.0T hit the track already and dropped his 60' time. I'm sure more data will be available with this being out for Sis as well. Non-Si will be released once thoroughly tested, including CVT testing.
When will this be available for the fk8?

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The pedal dance disables VSA so you could still blow the tires off, advanced VSA helps keep you from blowing the tires off

If I remember, the Accord doesnt have the Bosch ECU like the Type R.....BUT I bet the R will be getting it too since I remember them saying other trims to follow :)
//im dumb what is pedal dance?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for picking up my slack since I didnt log in over the weekend. Mama was in town for Easter so took most of the weekend off of the internet.
Yeah... I put ~400 miles on the Odyssey in a day and a half... driving a couple hours away and then doing bouncing around to appease everyone. I got any of my internetting in when I got to be a passenger. Now I need a weekend from the weekend.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah... I put ~400 miles on the Odyssey in a day and a half... driving a couple hours away and then doing bouncing around to appease everyone. I got any of my internetting in when I got to be a passenger. Now I need a weekend from the weekend.
For real, doing everything that kiddo and Nana want to do is exhausting, like Nana will never say no to the kid!!! But they both had a blast and that's really all that matters.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
@KTuner
i was wondering if you have any data on how long it takes avanced vsa to settle down after traction first breaks.
i am looking for how useful this will be in autocross.
in a couple weeks i can do side by side runs with pedal dance and advanced vsa but i am not consistent enough to properly compare.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@KTuner can't wait for OTF map switching to hit my ECU!! I check the revision history like every other day :D:D

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
@KTuner what do you suggest to have settings at for 1/4 mile drag strip runs?

Also, having VSA advanced being on. Do you still need to pedal dance to shut it off and this still work or doing pedal dance eliminates this completely?

Again, for 1/4 mile drag strip runs @KTuner do I leave traction control on or it will turn off this advance feature. Hoping to hear what is the best quick adjust feature settings it should be at for the best result with 60ft and track times. Thank you.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you do the pedal dance that will eliminate the throttle pullback and leave Advanced VSA Ignition Pullback in place, if enabled. Turning on Cruise Main disables Advanced VSA Ignition Pullback, if you want to burn out etc.

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
If you do the pedal dance that will eliminate the throttle pullback and leave Advanced VSA Ignition Pullback in place, if enabled. Turning on Cruise Main disables Advanced VSA Ignition Pullback, if you want to burn out etc.
Thank you very much for clarifying all.
Sponsored