KTuner Update: Map Switching Added To Many More ECUs, Non-Si Adv VSA, more to come

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just so I am understanding things 100% correctly, TSP Stage 1 is like another "base map" that can be added to a KTuner, correct? So in addition to the 3 base maps a KTuner comes with, downloading a TSP stage 1 would be like adding a fourth option? Or am I completely wrong
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just so I am understanding things 100% correctly, TSP Stage 1 is like another "base map" that can be added to a KTuner, correct? So in addition to the 3 base maps a KTuner comes with, downloading a TSP stage 1 would be like adding a fourth option? Or am I completely wrong
Essentially yes. It's like opening the Stage 0/1/2 tune. Mostly locked with only an option or two available

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is another tune yes, but its like 3 tunes in one with the map switching. Get you a TSP Stage 1. drive around and get stock like mileage, switch to map 3 to haul ass. You can still enable Advanced VSA as well and the disables are available too along with boost by gear.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It is another tune yes, but its like 3 tunes in one with the map switching. Get you a TSP Stage 1. drive around and get stock like mileage, switch to map 3 to haul ass. You can still enable Advanced VSA as well and the disables are available too along with boost by gear.
Ah, I think I see now. So a KTuner has 3 base maps you could choose from, and a TSP Stage 1 has 3 maps you can choose from. With that being said, would anyone with a TSP Stage 1 on their KTuner still use any of the other three base maps? Or are the TSP Stage 1 maps completely superior?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, I think I see now. So a KTuner has 3 base maps you could choose from, and a TSP Stage 1 has 3 maps you can choose from. With that being said, would anyone with a TSP Stage 1 on their KTuner still use any of the other three base maps? Or are the TSP Stage 1 maps completely superior?
the Ktuner comes with more than 3 basemaps for the Si, within each base map you can have 3 map switching. So lets say you pick the starter 19, within that you can have 3 maps but the max boost is going to be 19 psi. Pick the Starter 23 you can have 3 maps with a max boost of 23. You can pick the dual Starter 19.5/23 and then have 3 maps within that. All TSP stage 1 is, is a very nicely refined, but not custom basemap, with some more boost and power and tweaks by Derek to make it a safe but more powerful basemap. As for would you ever switch between the TSP and base Ktuner maps, well thats up to you. Some people may like to have more control over the basemaps from Ktuner to be able to change more quick adjustments. Others will never change a thing and TSP is perfect for them. Its all personal.

here are the basemaps

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Update: Map Switching Added To Many More ECUs, Non-Si Adv VSA, more to come upload_2019-8-22_7-56-24

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Update: Map Switching Added To Many More ECUs, Non-Si Adv VSA, more to come upload_2019-8-22_7-56-42

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Wow, I had no idea there were so many default map options! My 2019 Si is just nearing 2k on the odometer, so I am just now considering these "canned tunes" options. So each Ktuner basemap (factory, 19.5, 21.5, &23) each have 3 more maps that can be switched on-the-fly. TSP Stage 1 is like adding another basemap which has 3 more maps within it as well.
Then the dual-mode Ktuner starter maps are those that activate depending on whether you are in "Sport" mode or not, correct?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Wow, I had no idea there were so many default map options! My 2019 Si is just nearing 2k on the odometer, so I am just now considering these "canned tunes" options. So each Ktuner basemap (factory, 19.5, 21.5, &23) each have 3 more maps that can be switched on-the-fly. TSP Stage 1 is like adding another basemap which has 3 more maps within it as well.
Then the dual-mode Ktuner starter maps are those that activate depending on whether you are in "Sport" mode or not, correct?
You've got the idea! Inside each mode you have 2 more modes "high and low" that you can switch with eco/sport button.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is the 23psi only for Si models?
yes, 21 is max for non si. BUT TSP stage 1 goes higher if you are looking for oomph from your car

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
yes, 21 is max for non si. BUT TSP stage 1 goes higher if you are looking for oomph from your car
My work commute is only 2.7 miles now on city streets so I doubt I would even get to enjoy that increased top end oomph I keep hearing about

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My work commute is only 2.7 miles now on city streets so I doubt I would even get to enjoy that increased TSP oomph I keep hearing about
If you do mostly city driving, the Starter 21 with aggressive part throttle adjustments will do just fine. The TSP tune is less snappy at lower rpm but wakes up like a scalded cat at higher rpm.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
You will have to configure each map's boost target/responsiveness separately. But yes, you can essentially run multiple maps of varying boost levels.

Most everything else is applied at a global level on the base maps, IIRC.

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Update: Map Switching Added To Many More ECUs, Non-Si Adv VSA, more to come drex_on_the_fly_map_switching_custom

Sf93

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport hatchback 1.5
Country flag
Can't wait for the tsp stage 1 for 5an-ch20!I've heard a lot of good things about the mid range power. Update is awesome so far. CVT is way smoother but more powerful in first

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait for the tsp stage 1 for 5an-ch20!I've heard a lot of good things about the mid range power. Update is awesome so far. CVT is way smoother but more powerful in first
The TSP tune is excellent but the real difference isn't in the midrange, its more at the top end.
Sponsored