KTuner Update: Map Switching Added To Many More ECUs, Non-Si Adv VSA, more to come

EX-Termin8r

First Name
@BigTurbo2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0
Country flag
The TSP tune is excellent but the real difference isn't in the midrange, its more at the top end.
How do we get this tune? TSP

And i am glad I came to the site today and saw this thread. I have the CVT and glad to have more improvements.
Is there more options i can have on this tune? Any more improvents or power for CVT?
Here is what I use, I now stay on the 3rd map

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Update: Map Switching Added To Many More ECUs, Non-Si Adv VSA, more to come 22LB EXP

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

EX-Termin8r

First Name
@BigTurbo2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0
Country flag
you can get the tune here, and yes its different than what you currently run. and you'll enjoy it

https://twostepperformance.com/two-...tage-1-tune-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t-non-si/
I am literally going to buy this after I get home and hook up my KTUNER to my PC and see what version it is.
I have read several post and I am happy that I should get some more pep and power out of it. And looks like knock control stays lower? I use good 93 Shell gas, or any gas and my knock always jump to 59 to 90+ Longer I am in it, it climbs higher even 1.70+ this happens in seconds. Sucks that I have to drive normal for knock to come down and can't run it back to back like other model cars.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I use good 93 Shell gas, or any gas and my knock always jump to 59 to 90+ Longer I am in it, it climbs higher even 1.70+ this happens in seconds.
If your K. Control climbs to 1.70+ on 93 octane on a base tune, I'd hold off on buying a new tune until you figure out why that is happening.

Please upload a datalog here and we can look at your numbers. Unless you are absolutely hammering it in extreme temps for extended periods, I've honestly never seen a number like that. Anything over 1 is really high. Once it hits .90 or above you really should back off until it drops down a bit.

EX-Termin8r

First Name
@BigTurbo2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0
Country flag
If your K. Control climbs to 1.70+ on 93 octane on a base tune, I'd hold off on buying a new tune until you figure out why that is happening.

Please upload a datalog here and we can look at your numbers. Unless you are absolutely hammering it in extreme temps for extended periods, I've honestly never seen a number like that. Anything over 1 is really high. Once it hits .90 or above you really should back off until it drops down a bit.
Thanks I'm going to try to upload, thank you much. I'm sure it'll have all the info to see why it's doing that. Hope its something simple

EX-Termin8r

First Name
@BigTurbo2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0
Country flag
Thanks both of you, I purchased the tune last night and at work I flashed it to the car lol. Will drive it home this way. Of course it rains hard but it stopped. Hopefully in 2 hours the wetness will be dry.
Now that I knew what to look for, I saw it was my IAT2 rising like 100-125+ and even higher than IAT1, then I see the knock rise like a sliding scale with IAT. I am in Houston TX lol.
I tried my base tune with Advanced VSA and Aggressive VSA - is this a good combo? Also my TSP1 Tune, is it the OTF switching? so map 3 is the faster tune? Or do I have different boost targets in D, S, L, ? Thanks again

you can get the tune here, and yes its different than what you currently run. and you'll enjoy it

https://twostepperformance.com/two-...tage-1-tune-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t-non-si/

Last edited:

CivicOops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I am literally going to buy this after I get home and hook up my KTUNER to my PC and see what version it is.
I have read several post and I am happy that I should get some more pep and power out of it. And looks like knock control stays lower? I use good 93 Shell gas, or any gas and my knock always jump to 59 to 90+ Longer I am in it, it climbs higher even 1.70+ this happens in seconds. Sucks that I have to drive normal for knock to come down and can't run it back to back like other model cars.
I had really high knock control when running shell 93 octane and I've seen other users on this forum have problems with Shell gas too. Seems like maybe these engines don't like shell gas. I switched gas stations and my knock control was noticeably better after just 1 tank. I now use Chevron or QT 93 octane and even under heavy pulls never go above like .52 KC (When I was using shell it would easily reach .80s or .90s).

So changing gas stations might be worth a try. Just make sure to use one from toptiergas.com

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also my TSP1 Tune, is it the OTF switching? so map 3 is the faster tune? Or do I have different boost targets in D, S, L, ? Thanks again
You do have 3 different maps with map 3 being the full power TSP Stage 1 tune. D, S and L have nothing to do with boost targets. They are just transmission programs. You will get different boost targets when pressing the Econ button.

EX-Termin8r

First Name
@BigTurbo2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0
Country flag
Thank you, I did try Chevron for a quarter tank. I'll give it another shot. Btw temps were better today after the rain, ran good with TSP tune. Didn't really find opportunity to open up.

However after a fresh fuel run, tonight with 80 degree temp, holy hell.. wow, it rips!! It pulls so hard over my base map, that I'm worried my engine will break lol just being honest. Power delivery is different, down low more engine than turbo then it freaking takes off like a rocket.

Compared to base map, I don't miss anything. I was looking for more power and 80$ later I have found it. Thanks

I had really high knock control when running shell 93 octane and I've seen other users on this forum have the problem too. Seems like for some reason these engines don't like shell gas. I switched gas stations and my knock control was better after just 1 tank. I now use Chevron, QT 93 octane and even under heavy pulls never go above 0.52 KC. So changing gas stations might be worth a try. Just make sure to use one from toptiergas.com

EX-Termin8r

First Name
@BigTurbo2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0
Country flag
You do have 3 different maps with map 3 being the full power TSP Stage 1 tune. D, S and L have nothing to do with boost targets. They are just transmission programs. You will get different boost targets when pressing the Econ button.
Thanks and I forgot to add in my last post, knock control was much lower today. Didn't get high and came down super quick.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, I did try Chevron for a quarter tank. I'll give it another shot. Btw temps were better today after the rain, ran good with TSP tune. Didn't really find opportunity to open up.

However after a fresh fuel run, tonight with 80 degree temp, holy hell.. wow, it rips!! It pulls so hard over my base map, that I'm worried my engine will break lol just being honest. Power delivery is different, down low more engine than turbo then it freaking takes off like a rocket.

Compared to base map, I don't miss anything. I was looking for more power and 80$ later I have found it. Thanks
I don't want to turn JR's thread into a TSP Stage 1 lovefest but you're right. Power delivery is different than the KTuner base maps. Down low the TSP is mild-mannered like Clark Kent and with a deeper jab of the throttle it turns into Superman. :cool:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had really high knock control when running shell 93 octane and I've seen other users on this forum have the problem too. Seems like for some reason these engines don't like shell gas. I switched gas stations and my knock control was better after just 1 tank. I now use Chevron, QT 93 octane and even under heavy pulls never go above 0.52 KC. So changing gas stations might be worth a try. Just make sure to use one from toptiergas.com
Ive always ran Chevron 93 and never had an issue. If a Chevron isnt close I also use QT. When I put shell in mine in oklahoma on a road trip my KC was over .70 the whole tank. OK gas is also 91 so it was a double whammy. When I got to Kansas and put Conoco 91 it went back down to .55 at least.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sunoco 93 Ultra runs great for me and is way cheaper than Shell 93.
Sponsored