KTuner tuning boost targets

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have a couple questions regarding the Boost tables for normal mode, sport mode, including the final boost target

The final boost target for my tune is set around 25 psi. The boost table for sport mode is set to 23 psi.. Does that mean that my boost will limit to 23 psi in sport? I understand that BBG will limit how much boost is allowed but where do the boost table and the final boost table come into play?

How about the new on the fly tune feature? If i choose 21 psi, for a sport mode, will it disregard 23 psi table?
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't speak to the last question... but as to boost targets there is a hierarchy. Boost by gear takes precedence (which is why, by default it's some super high number to not be limiting) followed by boost targets, followed by final boost targets. I had the same question awhile ago... because I saw the same, high number in the 'final' column. So... to directly answer your question, yes. If your boost targets are lower than your final boost target... it will limit it.

I asked the question in post 8, which Ktuner answers directly in post 9... discussing the hierarchy.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/didnt-make-it-very-far.20082/

Here's the link Ktuner talked about. I read about it... thought about it... saw it wasn't the limiting factor as it took it's inputs into consideration, and just sort of never thought about it again.

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/final_boost_target.htm?ms=AAAA&st=MQ==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw

Good luck!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Final boost takes in the boost target from either the target table or limit you've set per gear if that's lower, then outputs the final boost target. So if you're targeting 23 and don't have any limits by gear and your final is 1:1 at that location it will be 23 for the final.

If you had a column for 23 on the final boost target and all of the values were set to 25 for that column it would target 25 as the final. If you set all of the values for that column to 20 you'd get 20 as the final.
Sponsored