NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
Bought a KTuner V1.2 and Stage 1 Map from @TwoStepPerformance and found there to be alot of info out there regarding the process of flashing, loading, ect. I made sure I followed KTuner and TSP instructions closely. Very happy with the turnout and found TSP to be really helpful prior to me deciding on the purchase.

Question 1: I loaded the TSP Stage 1 map in the KTuner software, then uploaded it. Does it include the KTuner 1 & 2 maps and automatically put itself in the 3rd spot?

Question 2: I leave the KTuner out of the OBD port, I like it defaulting to the "normal" base map. When I select the 3rd slot in the car via Cancel button hold, I assume that's the TSP map, but is there a for sure way to tell? I notice peak boost is 25 with the Sport setting on.
Sponsored

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Question1: Don't know what you mean by ktuner 1,2,3 maps but it you mean the tsp maps 1,2,3 YES And no you'll have to leave it at map 3 by using the cancel button on the steering wheel
Question2: yes

OP
OP

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
Question1: Don't know what you mean by ktuner 1,2,3 maps but it you mean the tsp maps 1,2,3 YES And no you'll have to leave it at map 3 by using the cancel button on the steering wheel
Question2: yes
I may not have worded it correct, but I think you answered the first question regardless (thanks).

Simply put, does the TSP Stage 1 Map take all three slots on the KTuner? And their most aggressive map is spot 3 in Sport Mode?

thanks again for the help.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I may not have worded it correct, but I think you answered the first question regardless (thanks).

Simply put, does the TSP Stage 1 Map take all three slots on the KTuner? And their most aggressive map is spot 3 in Sport Mode?

thanks again for the help.
That's correct spot 3 on sport is the most Aggressive, and no the tsp tune doesn't take all 3 tune slots on the ktuner. The 3 map switching thing is a feature that ktuner has which is called on the fly map switching.

OP
OP

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
So the KTuner puts its own two tunes in the first two spots automatically, and when you load the Stage 1 TSP into KTuner, it automatically places it in spot 3?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I think it would be useful for someone to make a tree diagram of the Ktuner basemaps + Tsp stage 1 ---> the three maps each of those have ---> the 2 modes each of those have. I believe that's how it works?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
So the KTuner puts its own two tunes in the first two spots automatically, and when you load the Stage 1 TSP into KTuner, it automatically places it in spot 3?
No. The TSP Stg1 map has 3 tunes. Read about them on the webpage on the two step performance website.

OP
OP

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
No. The TSP Stg1 map has 3 tunes. Read about them on the webpage on the two step performance website.
That’s what I interpreted it as.

Simply put... I think when u load the single TSP file into KTuner, that’s it. It takes up all spots.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
That’s what I interpreted it as.

Simply put... I think when u load the single TSP file into KTuner, that’s it. It takes up all spots.
The ktuner device can store multiple maps. The TSP map has 3 tunes. You can then use tunerview or tunerviewlite or the ktuner software to flash a map from the ktuner device to your ECU. If you want to compare the default honda map, ktuner 19/21 map, and TSP Stg1 map, you can load all three onto the ktuner and then flash the map onto your ECU. It is not a fast thing but doesn't take too long. I wouldn't be flashing a map when you have someplace to be, but during a lunch break at work it should be doable.

SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I've been running the ktuner base map for some time now but been thinking about upgrading to the tsp tune so my question is do I need to leave it plugged in to cycle through maps?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Let me try to clear this all up. :)

KTuner has the ability for on the fly map switching. There are 3 map "slots" that can be switched on the fly with the cruise control buttons. The confusion comes from the fact that the KTuner software labels the maps as "tune 1,2,3".

So, when you upload the TSP Stage 1 tune to your ECU, the three maps are automatically filling those slots. Map 1 is the low power tune. Map 2 is medium power and Map 3 is the high power tune.

As far as leaving the KTuner plugged in, you can still switch maps even if it's unplugged. But if you do keep it plugged in, it will remember what map you were running after you shut the car off on startup. With it unplugged it will always revert to Map 1 on startup.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag

KTuner has the ability for on the fly map switching. There are 3 map "slots" that can be switched on the fly with the cruise control buttons. The confusion comes from the fact that the KTuner software labels the maps as "tune 1,2,3".

So, when you upload the TSP Stage 1 tune to your ECU, the three maps are automatically filling those slots. Map 1 is the low power tune. Map 2 is medium power and Map 3 is the high power tune.

As far as leaving the KTuner plugged in, you can still switch maps even if it's unplugged. But if you do keep it plugged in, it will remember what map you were running after you shut the car off on startup. With it unplugged it will always revert to Map 1 on startup.

Hope this helps.

This makes a lot of sense. And confirms the way I thought it worked. Thanks Again!

SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag

Hope this helps.
Clear as crystal thank you
Sponsored