First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didn't think there would be much of a difference between the 21psi starter map and the Ktuner 21psi Stage 2 map, but WOW. I want to change my idle to 1400 instead of 1500 as it is a lot less vibration in my house from the cold start @ 1400rpm, so I was going to reflash the 21psi starter. However, I got in there and remembered wanting to try the Ktuner stage 2 since I wasn't able to find any impressions, so I decided to flash that instead.

Weellllllll... I'm definitely super glad I did lol. The stage 2 really shines more in the mid and top end for sure. The 21psi starter map definitely fizzled out above like 70-80 but the stage 2 just kept pulling and when I looked down I was quite surprised to say the least. There's one area I go through on my way to work where it is one lane separated by an island and perfect for doing pulls. I usually don't push past 70ish here very often as you run out of road and while I enjoy spirited driving, I love my car and like to play it safe. Well I was up over 90 and still had room to go so I just let off and laughed maniacally....

I just wish you could change the idle RPM... I will likely end up hopping back on the starter 21 map just so I can change that. Also will need to change my idle once the new RMM comes in :headbang:

Anyone else have experience with Ktuner Stage 2? I didn't see any posts about it when I searched, so I'm curious how others feel. I'm going to either jump on TSP stage 1 or wait for Pherable, but this will do in the meantime when I want to have some fun!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Keep something in mind with the Starter tunes. Depending on whether you set early spool on and how you set throttle, turbo and ramp, the feel of the tune will vary greatly.

OP
OP
disgraced.fk8

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep something in mind with the Starter tunes. Depending on whether you set early spool on and how you set throttle, turbo and ramp, the feel of the tune will vary greatly.
I don't play with those too much, I did and it built boost just way too fast haha. Unfortunately I don't have the time to go back and forth fine tuning and reflashing all the time, I would rather run the proven basemaps that are already dialed in. One thing that is interesting to me though - I'm seeing a bit less boost but it's pulling much harder mid and top end.

I'm definitely interested in the new update to allow throttle padding on TSP but from reading it it's only for our MT friends... don't we also have throttle padding?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don't play with those too much, I did and it built boost just way too fast haha. Unfortunately I don't have the time to go back and forth fine tuning and reflashing all the time, I would rather run the proven basemaps that are already dialed in. One thing that is interesting to me though - I'm seeing a bit less boost but it's pulling much harder mid and top end.

I'm definitely interested in the new update to allow throttle padding on TSP but from reading it it's only for our MT friends... don't we also have throttle padding?
Throttle padding is for manual transmissions only.

As far as no time for tweaks, I get it. But even JR will tell you the Staged tunes are consudered legacy tunes and the Starter tunes offer much more. But whatever works for you. That's what's so great about KTuner. So many features and options.
Sponsored