cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys. I just bought the KTuner V2 used and can someone please agree with me that this is confusing? First, I had to disable my antivirus software AND Windows Defender to download the software. After 1/2 hour of disabling everything, I was able to download the software. It's really not that easy. I tinkered around and clicked on new tune to transfer the basemaps mut it said (NOT RESPONDING). I uninstalled the software and reinstalled but that didn't work. KTuner customer service didn't answer the phone. I was so excited to get this thing and now I'm really down in the dumps. Did anyone have this problem?
Sponsored

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for your pain. I got a used one, too, but didn't have any of these issues. I did not disable my Windows Security (used to be called Windows Defender) or anything like that to make mine work.
One thing I can think of is that the Ktuner needs a really well powered USB port to connect to. Try a different USB port or maybe another computer if you have one.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you. I tried doing it on my laptop. Maybe that was the issue. I'll try my desktop.
I have a pretty beefy desktop and I was surprised how slow the Ktuner software loads up on it. Once loaded, and connected to the device, it seemed better. I bet your desktop will work better. Good luck.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I had 1 do this and had to send it to ktuner and they replaced it for me. Just a hassle waiting on shipping.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Sorry to hear you think you're having trouble with the system. The downloads page specifically mentions to disable anti-virus etc, so there should be no surprise there.

If your laptop takes a bit to decrypt the information it will pause the software while opening a tune. Wait for it.

OP
OP
cboisits

cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I got it working and all is good. The reviews are on point for this thing. This is the way that this car should come from the factory. And I am still only on the first starter map. I bought this used and it was supposed to come with the Phearable tune but I just learned that tunes can not be transferred to 2nd owners. Crap. I was looking forward to that tune.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How'd you resolve the issue with the software? I was able to transfer the TSP tune for a $15 charge. Maybe Phearable doesn't do that.

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Hey guys. I just bought the KTuner V2 used and can someone please agree with me that this is confusing? First, I had to disable my antivirus software AND Windows Defender to download the software. After 1/2 hour of disabling everything, I was able to download the software. It's really not that easy. I tinkered around and clicked on new tune to transfer the basemaps mut it said (NOT RESPONDING). I uninstalled the software and reinstalled but that didn't work. KTuner customer service didn't answer the phone. I was so excited to get this thing and now I'm really down in the dumps. Did anyone have this problem?
It stays at " not responding" screen for a brief period of time and than opens the starter map... try again
Sponsored