Aoslo

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
I want to know what the correct ranges are for IAT, IAT2, ECT, and KC. Seems there’s so much stuff input but I want to know what’s dangerous and what isn’t in what range. Everything is stock besides being tuned - sounds like that has an impact.
Sponsored

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I want to know what the correct ranges are for IAT, IAT2, ECT, and KC. Seems there’s so much stuff input but I want to know what’s dangerous and what isn’t in what range. Everything is stock besides being tuned - sounds like that has an impact.

Basically you want IAT1 as close to ambient temperature as possible & you want IAT2 as close to IAT1 as possible, to show that the intercooler is doing it's job. Are you realistically going to see that with stock intake & I/C, I highly doubt it. With a cold intake & upgraded I/C, my IAT1 will sit at 4 degs above ambient & my IAT2 will sit about 9 or 10 degs above IAT1- that is when I'm driving spirited. The moment I back off, both numbers will start to creep up, but rapidly drop again, if I get back on it. My ECT sits around 177degs normal driving with A/C on, but will creep up sitting in traffic or if really getting on it. KC should be at .49 under ideal conditions. HTH

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner Ranges 1653797858309

this was during winter
ambient temp - 45F
IAT - 78F -- Temperature of air from the intake (stock)
IAT2 - 68F -- Temperature of air after passing through the intercooler (Mishimoto)
ECT - 177F -- Temperature of engine coolant (stock)

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner Ranges 1653798128047

ambient temp - idk, I remember it was a hot day tho, probably above 80F
IAT - 136F -- Injen Short Ram Intake
IAT2 - 109F -- Mishimoto Intercooler
ECT1 - 181F -- Stock, AC on during hot days to make sure coolant doesn't get above 200F
ECT2 - 156F -- Temperature of engine coolant after going through the radiator (stock)

Ideally, I always like my IATs to both be below 100F, yes it will be above if your car was just running and it is sitting in the heat. You might have like 150F at start up. Once you get driving and you catch some air in higher speeds, it will go down to around to ambient, normally about 10-30F higher than ambient temperature.

The IAT2 temps should normally be below IAT1 because the intercooler directly makes contact with the wind.

ECT1 should normally be around 170-195F. If it goes past 200F ill just crank the ac. 200F is normally reached when in slow traffic on a hot day.

As for Knock control. as long as it doesn't go over 0.55, i wouldn't be concerned. Mine sits at 0.49 and jumps to 0.51 on occasions. The lower the better

Tac3403

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T sedan 1.5T Cvt
Country flag
As for Knock control. as long as it doesn't go over 0.55, i wouldn't be concerned. Mine sits at 0.49 and jumps to 0.51 on occasions. The lower the better
Oh damn. mines sitting at .59-.65 and I've seen it touch .70 for a second.. just tuned it last night on stage 2 map from ktuner. what can I even do to prevent this? I'm running 93, filled up with it the last two weeks before tuning even.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Oh damn. mines sitting at .59-.65 and I've seen it touch .70 for a second.. just tuned it last night on stage 2 map from ktuner. what can I even do to prevent this? I'm running 93, filled up with it the last two weeks before tuning even.
Knock control always starts out at .59 after reflashing a tune or reconnecting the battery. After a bit of low boost it should go back down. Are you running a base map, or did you change things yourself? Do you have supporting mods?

Tac3403

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T sedan 1.5T Cvt
Country flag
Are you running a base map
i was! stage 2 on the wrong ecu somehow. missclicked 5AA-L55 when i was going from stage 1 to 2 on the ktuner maps. tested out 1 and it was good improvement, datalogged and it was all perfect on 5AA-L58.. accidentally hit L55 when i put the stage 2 version on. didnt really get much above .65 until today driving home, spiked up to .80 then to .90 then 1.02! was not cool lol. When I got home i immediately plugged in the laptop and sure enough, stage 2 with the actual correct version works perfectly lol. tsp stage 1 non-si going on tomorrow hopefully
Sponsored