Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of questions.

Question 1

My car has an annoying (but normal apparently) vibration when idling at a stop when warm. The easy fix is turning the A/C on to the get the idle speed up from around 600 to 700+ rpm. But it's so ridiculous to have to do that. I know I can probably change the minimum idle speed with my Ktuner, but I haven't looked into how to do it. Also, other than using more gas, would there be any other "side effects" with the increased idle speed?

Question 2

I love the three on the fly tunes we can do. Each with their own settings for ramp and psi and turbo responsiveness. Awesome.

But, each tune uses the same universal throttle settings. For example, I have a 16.5 psi "commuter tune" where I don't need aggressive throttle response. At the same time, I prefer a more aggressive throttle response (Sport+) with my 21 psi tune. Would it be possible to set up different throttle response settings for each on the fly tune?
Sponsored

Last edited:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Idle is an option under main parameters.

There's no need. Throttle + other options make it more aggressive overall, since even at half throttle if it's trying to target a high level of boost the throttle plate will open fully, or near fully. With throttle response improved, but lower targets and responsiveness settings, it shouldn't be that aggressive.