Ktuner problem: 19.5 psi map only hitting 13 to 16 psi?

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
gt, maybe now?
hey dave how did you convert your file to a zip?

also as an update, my boost is now hitting target psi. before, i selected the factory start map then i changed the psi targets to 19.5. well i guess even changing them doesnt do anything and i was still putting out factory boost.

so i selected the dual map factory/19.5 and it works now. i am able to hit 19.5 in sport mode.

i dont know why changing the boost target in the factory starter map didnt do anything.
Sponsored

Davesxx01

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 CR-V
Country flag
Honda, I put the file in my documents, right clicked, then saved in a zip file.
Iā€™m running the Dual map but have a CR-V. It has a Eco button along with D mode, S mode, and L mode on the shifter. Iā€™m assuming D and S are both 19.5 and when in D and pressing the Eco button Iā€™m stock boost. I could be wrong. Iā€™m here asking the experts!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Dave, your basic numbers look fine in terms of fuel trims, temps, knock control etc..

You are basically hitting your boost targets. Your targets are low though. Your max boost target was only something like 15 psi and your were overshooting it a bit here and there. For sure, you are on a 19.5 map? I also noticed when you were flooring the gas pedal, the ECU was only commanding about 80-85% throttle. This is where I'd have JR (KTuner) take a look at it for a more detailed evaluation.

As far as your D, S or L transmission position, that has nothing really to do with your boost numbers. Boost of course is lower if your press the Econ button.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner problem: 19.5 psi map only hitting 13 to 16 psi? Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Davesxx01

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 CR-V
Country flag
gt, thank you kindly! I will email JR that same file and see what he can do.

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Save it to your computer. Then right click the file on and there should be an option to extract it to a .zip file.
here is my file i am hitting the 19.5 psi i just want to know if everything looks good. this was driving with a few WOT pulls and some cruising.

Attachments

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
here is my file i am hitting the 19.5 psi i just want to know if everything looks good. this was driving with a few WOT pulls and some cruising.
Outstanding datalog. All your numbers basically are spot on. Matter of fact, your fuel trim numbers are the best I've seen. 0.78 LTFT is fantastic. No worries.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner problem: 19.5 psi map only hitting 13 to 16 psi? Capture2.PNG

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Outstanding datalog. All your numbers basically are spot on. Matter of fact, your fuel trim numbers are the best I've seen. 0.78 LTFT is fantastic. No worries.

Capture2.PNG
damn, shes running that good? nice, thanks man. i may just up the boost a bit more!

Davesxx01

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 CR-V
Country flag
Ok, I found my boost table for my map. It looks right but only boosts to 15??

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner problem: 19.5 psi map only hitting 13 to 16 psi? 2DBCDB03-E6B3-4584-B4F5-9EE56E7484F3

Last edited:

Davesxx01

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 CR-V
Country flag
I did notice that my Boost target-Normal is at 19.5 above 4500 but my final boost target page is at 15.8 max????

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not familiar with the CRV tune but having 19.5 psi in your boost table with 15.8 psi as your final boost target is strange. Did you edit that accidentally by any chance? Hopefully, JR will chime in soon.

604CRV

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda crv lx Canadian model
Country flag
Exact same problem Iā€™m having! Been lurking these forums for a while. I have a ā€˜19 CR-V. Base 18.5 map was actually slower than stock (tested with a ā€œDragyā€ performance meter) 19.5 map is .2 faster in the 1/4. Not hitting proper boost, only hitting 16.
I do have a V2 and will Datalog if gtman can look at it.
This forum is so much better than the grannies on the CR-V forum. As I have the same motor as the SI Iā€™m learning a lot from posts from gtman and others!
Hi all. I have a CRV tuned with the dual factory/19.5 and the most psi have seen on my tunerview is 16psi. I am running 94 octane chevron gas. I haven't looked at my tune settings or target maps but seems like am experiencing the exact same thing.
I have big plans for my crv in the future but know that the cvt transmission is limiting, but hey, we have awd.

I feel the same way about the crv forum, very negative atmosphere with more complaints about the crv then anything else.

Gtman, can I run a datalog and send it your way? Much appreciated any help with this is great.

Regards

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Hi all. I have a CRV tuned with the dual factory/19.5 and the most psi have seen on my tunerview is 16psi. I am running 94 octane chevron gas. I haven't looked at my tune settings or target maps but seems like am experiencing the exact same thing.
I have big plans for my crv in the future but know that the cvt transmission is limiting, but hey, we have awd.

I feel the same way about the crv forum, very negative atmosphere with more complaints about the crv then anything else.

Gtman, can I run a datalog and send it your way? Much appreciated any help with this is great.

Regards
Honda forums can be pretty toxic. When I first started using forums back in the late 90s/early 00s ppl were a lot calmer and cooler.

Ppl are also a little more chill in the WRX forums.

With factors such as social media and all the negativity, I definitely understand why forums aren't nearly as popular as they used to be.

604CRV

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda crv lx Canadian model
Country flag
Honda forums can be pretty toxic. When I first started using forums back in the late 90s/early 00s ppl were a lot calmer and cooler.

Ppl are also a little more chill in the WRX forums.

With factors such as social media and all the negativity, I definitely understand why forums aren't nearly as popular as they used to be.
It's too bad with the way forums are, but I guess you get the good with the bad and dont take things personal is the key.