Ktuner on 2019 Type R, A21 ECU max boost?

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I am asking anyone running Ktuner on the 2019 Type R, A21 ECU... what is the max boost you are seeing now compared to the max boost you were seeing before Ktuner?

If you ALSO added bolt ons that is fine, just please list them.

Again to be clear, I am looking for the relative boost increase in psi readout on the dash.

WHAY DO I ASK?: My friend with Hondata is seeing 22psi and KTuner is getting me 17psi, so before I switch I'd like some feedback from fellow A21 ECU flashers using KTuner.

Thank you my Friends :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Learn2turn

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
OK, no wonder there are not enough complaints to get KTuner to help.

Tonight...
I drove around with stage 1 and had 17psi.

then came home and...
I reflashed back to stock, tested again and had 16psi.

came back home and...
flashed to the stage 1 W/DOWNPIPE to experiment, tested again and had 17psi

came back home again and...
flashed back to stage 1, tested again and had 17psi.

UGH! :(

veilside84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Country flag
The ECU targets torque not boost. Your wasting time flashing trying to figure it out. Temperature, elevation, and other factors change the amount of boost your car needs to target the amount of torque.

OP
OP
Learn2turn

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The ECU targets torque not boost. Your wasting time flashing trying to figure it out. Temperature, elevation, and other factors change the amount of boost your car needs to target the amount of torque.
I understand that but please realize you are paying for MORE torque and it is not there without a marked improvement of boost pressure. I have read the Ktuner explanation and have sent several emails and their responses refer to what you say above.

Are you trying to say the car is making all the improvement it can, at 17psi?

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
I understand that but please realize you are paying for MORE torque and it is not there without a marked improvement of boost pressure. I have read the Ktuner explanation and have sent several emails and their responses refer to what you say above.

Are you trying to say the car is making all the improvement it can, at 17psi?
You don’t always need more boost to achieve torque target.

OP
OP
Learn2turn

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You don’t always need more boost to achieve torque target.
Sure. Don't expect the car to be accelerating any faster either.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Sure. Don't expect the car to be accelerating any faster either.
In witch gear are you testing? remember mostly throttle torque map are de-tuned on 1, 2, and some cases 3 gear, I would test on 4 gear to be sure, what is the ambiance temperature and humidity?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
you can gain more power by adding ignition timing, cam angles, etc instead of just adding boost.
Also i don't think it's fair to compare hondatas boost number to ktuner boost number because i doubt they are using the same map.

best bet is to contact Ktuner and email them a datalog of the pull and see if they see any abnormalities. I personally don't have experience with them but people have said they have good customer service.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
I don’t want to send an advice that could sound as an expensive proposition, BUT: would be able to dyno tune your car before you do the switch? The results will clear doubts of what's going on.