KTuner looking for 16 Civic's to test tunes!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
For those that have already tuning: How are they wanted you to datalog? in drive and sport mode? What speeds do they want you to capture?
Also, which preset parameters is being logged?
You'll be logging a run or 2 in drive and the same in sport. Starting from a stop and recording a 0-60, wide open. I'm not sure about the prameters, but pretty much all the data that your ECU is processing will be recorded.
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I highly recommend taking advantage of the tune optimizations, I mean, who wouldn't want the best performance. Data logs are also key to developing future tunning options

kmccall1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic, 2015 regal turbo, 2007 corvette Z06
You know the hardest part for me is trying to burn enough 87 to fill my tank with premium for the new tune.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Still experimenting with different flashes. So far my best 0-60mph run was 6.8 seconds. Hoping that 91+ octane fuel will smooth things out. Was reaching 17 psi at peak on regular. I imagine the number can get higher once the right settings are found.
what tune were you on. i just did my before 0-60 and got 7 sec flat with just a intake. havnt gotten my ktuner yet

https://vid.me/1dty link to video

Last edited:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
what tune were you on. i just did my before 0-60 and got 7 sec flat with just a intake. havnt gotten my ktuner yet

https://vid.me/1dty link to video
Stage 1. I was running a stock intake then. I haven't checked my 0-60 lately. I now have a ram intake, and exhuast.

Specvspeedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MS3, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
I've been chating with Ktuner... Thus far, he is very responsive and seems know what he is doing. I will most likely order this soon (after I check the ECU number for compatibility)... 0-60 is not important to me..
More important to me is the mid/full throttle response, overall drivability and refinements over stock tune. Can someone comment on that?

kmccall1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been chating with Ktuner... Thus far, he is very responsive and seems know what he is doing. I will most likely order this soon (after I check the ECU number for compatibility)... 0-60 is not important to me..
More important to me is the mid/full throttle response, overall drivability and refinements over stock tune. Can someone comment on that?
That's is exactly what I wanted when I started the chat, and I couldn't be more happy with the results.

kmccall1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
can you be more specific/descriptive?
The throttle response and power from a roll feels better without having to completely floor the car. It feels less laggy from all speeds, I'm still on 87 octane fuel right now. The car is quiet and smooth always. No unusual noises. I have had it about a week or so now.

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
The throttle response and power from a roll feels better without having to completely floor the car. It feels less laggy from all speeds, I'm still on 87 octane fuel right now. The car is quiet and smooth always. No unusual noises. I have had it about a week or so now.
All of this.

The car has much better pickup and throttle response at high speeds. 70-100 is a blast for a 1.5 engine, but the improvements can be felt from a dead stop on up. Acceleration is great in all driving modes, L, S, and D, and no, I'm not tripping. It's very noticeable. It's a great mod for the price...arguably the best bang for your buck at this point.

Gas mileage untouched as well, maybe even improved. I'm on 91 octane, maybe for no reason, but it feels like it makes a difference. Could also be the weather change. I feel like this car is a bit of a dog on hot days, but when it cools down it's a different animal.

Ktuner is great to work with as well. Highly, highly recommended.

Specvspeedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As of right now, my ECU isn't compatible (mine ends w/ L57).. hopefully the one he mentioned over via work email is it...I believe he referred to it as needing programing.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Ktuner is supported on the 2.0 as well. Contact them directly if you have any questions, always quick to respond.

[email protected]

Specvspeedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just placed my order.. Only different is I will need to download the oem ECU file, which takes 40 minutes or so.