KTuner looking for 16 Civic's to test tunes!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Haha that's juat great
Sponsored

Hondalove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe
what hp numbers are they seeing with this tunner? Has it been on a dyno? Really interested in this unit. Thanks.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I'm curious about this. My understanding was that the CVT is straight from the Accord, which features a 278hp V6.
V6 Accords have a traditional 6-speed auto, precisely because they can't handle the HP; it's always been a downfall of CVT's.

The new Nissan Maxima however has a 300hp V6 with a CVT however, so they're getting better.

Ant918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
V6 Accords have a traditional 6-speed auto, precisely because they can't handle the HP; it's always been a downfall of CVT's.

The new Nissan Maxima however has a 300hp V6 with a CVT however, so they're getting better.
I had a 2016 WRX with the CVT. Cold air intake and Cobb protune on her. The CVT was extremely rubberbandy. You can find online the max hp and tq that it can handle. At the end of the day I traded it in cause I was always worried about the tranny grenading one day.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Unfortunately our CVT is not from the WRX. CVTs can be made to handle lots of power. Ours is from a 4 cycle accord, so not made for lots of power. But a moderate increase should be fine.

And don't worry Hondalove I'll be hitting a dyno to get my numbers once I'm on a release version with my ktuner. But warning I also have injen short ram and will have a custom exhuast/ downpipe as well, getting it done sept 7th.

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately our CVT is not from the WRX. CVTs can be made to handle lots of power. Ours is from a 4 cycle accord, so not made for lots of power. But a moderate increase should be fine.

And don't worry Hondalove I'll be hitting a dyno to get my numbers once I'm on a release version with my ktuner. But warning I also have injen short ram and will have a custom exhuast/ downpipe as well, getting it done sept 7th.
That's about the extent of what I'm going to do as well. Intake, exhaust, tires, then probably breaks. Between that and this flash, it should make for a very enjoyable daily driver.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Definitely should. And about as far as you would want to go with our CVT xD

Last edited:

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Side note, but the latest release is pretty nasty. Using L as I do, the last update made it a truly beastly 'gear'. I also feel like the car sounds different, though that could just be my mind trying to justify the improved performance.

Mishimoto intake should be here tomorrow. Excited to think that the car is only a couple mods away from being completed.

Major props to Ktuner. I was seriously considering trading my car in for something with more power. Their tune not only changed my mind on that, but convinced me that there might be life after 6 speed.

kmccall1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic, 2015 regal turbo, 2007 corvette Z06
I just started tuning today with the KTUNER end user kit, this was exactly what i was looking for, very versatile. First tune went in about thirty minutes ago (87 octane tune) feels great. Very responsive.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed.

I've had a great experience with them. They respond very fast to make sure everything is going smoothly. Now I just need to get my data logs in a little faster and all will be well.

Money well spent.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
i just ordered my... got tired of waiting for flashpro. I will post a before and after 0-60 video whenver it comes in

Specvspeedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MS3, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
For those that have already tuning: How are they wanted you to datalog? in drive and sport mode? What speeds do they want you to capture?
Also, which preset parameters is being logged?
Sponsored