KTuner looking for 16 Civic's to test tunes!

SovietSnyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatch EX
Country flag
Would anyone suggest tuning a new coupe with 1200 miles? (ex-t). My power and mpg are not as good as my 16 sedan....
Sponsored

87Si89Base16EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T '13 Accord Sport '08 Scion xD '94 Altima
currently pulling a 6.5 second 0-60 and 15.7 seconds 0-100. I might be able to get the 0-100 down to 15.5 0r 15.6, on the next flash.
That's strong to 100. looks like your 1/4 might be about 14.7 @ 97. Is this in L or S/D?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TL;DR: DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Guys, Ktuner is for real. I'm on what we think is my last revision for stage 1, and the car is meeeean now. All she wants to do down low is rip up tires, and all she wants to do up top is goooooo! I'll never regret this one. Even ran into a couple hiccups along the way and Ktuner (never did get his name:confused: hahaha) was nothing but extremely patient and helpful. He was there to answer my frantic phone calls when I thought I'd bricked her and walked me through the simple as anything recovery process. If you're on the fence at all about this, make the jump. #1 recommended mod if you're looking for more power.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
the support is amazing!

Specvspeedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MS3, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
Stage 1 done! I have been meaning to build a template on the KTuner program to show how the tune performs.. maybe I can get to it soon.

If you are waiting or on the fence.. I say don't be.. he is legit. I have worked with many tuners on my other car and he is by far the fastest and very meticulous. He has worked through all the kinks with ecu logic for this platform via testers that took the early plunge..AND he has been testing and pushing more ninja tunes on his own 1.5t.. if ever there would be a need for an update, he will get it out..and trust he will validate it before he does make it available.. don't wait fellas; you won't regret it.

16ExTKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
Stage 1 done! I have been meaning to build a template on the KTuner program to show how the tune performs.. maybe I can get to it soon.

If you are waiting or on the fence.. I say don't be.. he is legit. I have worked with many tuners on my other car and he is by far the fastest and very meticulous. He has worked through all the kinks with ecu logic for this platform via testers that took the early plunge..AND he has been testing and pushing more ninja tunes on his own 1.5t.. if ever there would be a need for an update, he will get it out..and trust he will validate it before he does make it available.. don't wait fellas; you won't regret it.
I'm waiting for someone to get service from their Honda Dealer to see if they have any Warranty issues.

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
I'm waiting for someone to get service from their Honda Dealer to see if they have any Warranty issues.
I'm also waiting an answer for that... My first goal would be to change the vtec engagement on the 2.0l to engage earlier and on 1st and second gear. It annoy me that you have to go over 125 KM/h to make it engage..... I really feel like they detuned the 2.0l to not compete with the new 1.5l Turbo.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
I'm also waiting an answer for that... My first goal would be to change the vtec engagement on the 2.0l to engage earlier and on 1st and second gear. It annoy me that you have to go over 125 KM/h to make it engage..... I really feel like they detuned the 2.0l to not compete with the new 1.5l Turbo.
Here's vid I took earlier this year, back when I had just done the tune:

VTEC engages right around 5.6K in all gears now. Wheel spin is a serious problem though. I can't go full throttle on launches since I got the CAI.

Specvspeedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MS3, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
Someone here might know more details (so please chime in) but the only time a dealer will ever know about a reflash is if they need to check the ecu.. That is usually when they suspect a problem with ecu, related sensors or manufacturer pushed a ECM update.. They would really need to dig it up though and check the firmware version and verify if it's aftermarket. I always suggest going back to OEM map. I even suggest driving on OEM map for 3 days or so to clear any internal alerts (usual just emission stuff)... At this point, even if they can tell if a it's reflashed, it doesn't say much.. removing your battery (for a certain period of time) will flag as a "reflash".

Last edited:

Bawb333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O.o
So you guys who are running Ktuner tunes. How's your mpg (mostly interested in highway) ? Are you running 87 or 91/93 octane maps?

kmccall1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic, 2015 regal turbo, 2007 corvette Z06
So you guys who are running Ktuner tunes. How's your mpg (mostly interested in highway) ? Are you running 87 or 91/93 octane maps?
Mines been great still hit mid forties to 50 mpg at 70

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
My dealership is aware that I flash my ECU regularly. Pretty much what they told me is. As long as the issue is unrelated, the warrantie is fine. But if a flash were to blow my engine up and they go into the computer to see what happened. And it's because of the tune.. goodbye warranty. That's highly unlikely to happen tho. Ktuner has been amazing and he's very very careful. Theses engines aren't being pushed to there limits. The internals can handle 300 hp. I've never had an issue with throwing a code on the road or nock.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm tuned for 91+, and it all depends how far you shove your foot into that throttle. If you treat it like a rally cross car you'll be getting shit mpg. Mine has gone up (or come down American friends) by about 1 full liter/100km (maybe lost a few mpg) very negligible considering how into the gas I've been while tuning. I'll give it a month to settle down and chime back in.

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I just finished doing another flash to the ecu. He has it labeled #5, but it's really the fourth flash that I've done, he sent over the fifth revision before I could install the fourth.

Took the car out after the reflash and logged some 0-60 runs (and one 0-100 run). The boost is bumped up real nice. Easily doing 17 & 18 psi and higher, even saw it hit 19 psi a couple times.

I f'n LOVE ktuner.
Sponsored